Off Topic a crush

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so well there is this guy that likes me and I like him back. Today he asked me to be his girlfriend but I said that I would have to think about it. And in my previous relationship which was about a year ago did not go so well because I barely had anytime to spend with him and I did not really feel like his girlfriend more like just a friend so I decided i had to break up with him so I did. But anyways I'll just get to the point. Im writing this to get opinions of what I should do. Some of my friends say go for it and the others say not to. So Im asking you guys to help me figure out what to do. It would help me so much and I would like it very much if you could give me a clue as of what to do. Thank you so much for reading this. :):)

Aw thats kinda cute!! I totally say go for it but you gotta let him know that you don't have a ton of free time because gymn is so important to you. Just make sure he likes you for your personality and not because he wants.....well, you know...lol.

I was dating a gymnast for a while. It was hard, because we really didn't have much time to spend together and we both wished we had more time. I was understanding because I wanted to make it work because I really liked her. And she liked me back too so she wanted to make it work too. So, somehow, we made it work. Mostly by hanging out a lot on weekends, but evn that was hard during competition season. So if you really want to make it work, I'm sure you can. But you might get to the point where you figure out its just not working but you can't really do that until you try.

Ok so well there is this guy that likes me and I like him back. Today he asked me to be his girlfriend but I said that I would have to think about it.

Ugh!
I hope you don't mind me saying, but from a guys perspective.... That type of general reply should be avoided.

Saying "you have to think about it" and that's it, tells they guy that you're not really that interested. If you do say yes, there will always be some doubt in a guys mind about how much you truly like him. I mean, it kind of says, "well OK... I guess your good enough for me"

A better reply would be: "I'm really flattered, but I'm also super busy with lots of other stuff going on too. Let me think about it because I want to say yes, but it wouldn't be fair if I just didn't have the time for a relationship.

Then when you do say yes, it says to him: "For YOU, I'm making an exception!" (flattery goes a long way with guys)

If you say no, it still leaves your options open. He'll probably understand if you don't have time and were honest about it up front.

Go for it! My bf asked me out when I was doing full training and studying for exams- if he really likes you, he won't care. Good luck :)

I would also say go for it if you really like him. I know it can be really hard with gymnastics and school to have a boyfriend though. I would let him know up front your schedule but don't act like you don't care about his feelings. I was only able to hang out with my x-boyfriend after practice on saturday or on sundays because he was a level 10 gymnast and I was at the pool 6 days a week. It was hard but as long as he understands and you both really like each other you can make it work!

Good luck!

For the record, I don't encourage asking for relationship advice on the internet, but this topic seems harmless enough and you have done a good job of avoiding specifics which could identify you, so kudos on that front.

As a guy who was in high school not too long ago, my advice to you is this: do what you think is best for you. But whatever you do, don't leave him guessing as to how you feel. We guys would rather be flatly turned down than given a noncommittal response. If you like him, make sure he knows that. Tell him flat out. Don't assume he can read between the lines in what you're saying -- lovestruck guys are unbelievably bad at that. And don't be afraid to turn him down if that's what you decide; we guys can handle "no" much more easily than we can handle "well... maybe... I don't know..."

Good luck!

For the record, I don't encourage asking for relationship advice on the internet, but this topic seems harmless enough and you have done a good job of avoiding specifics which could identify you, so kudos on that front.

As a guy who was in high school not too long ago, my advice to you is this: do what you think is best for you. But whatever you do, don't leave him guessing as to how you feel. We guys would rather be flatly turned down than given a noncommittal response. If you like him, make sure he knows that. Tell him flat out. Don't assume he can read between the lines in what you're saying -- lovestruck guys are unbelievably bad at that. And don't be afraid to turn him down if that's what you decide; we guys can handle "no" much more easily than we can handle "well... maybe... I don't know..."

Good luck!

I don't see whats wrong with asking for relationship advice here, especially if it is a gymnast asking other gymnasts for advice. Asking anywhere else, people just have no clue what it is like to be a gymnast from a time commitment point of view. As long as it is in the off-topic group, and as you said, no specifics.

As for GT's advice...truer words have never been spoken. Just about every single time I hear guys complaining about how much they can't stand relationships and girls its because "she was giving me mixed signals", "she was leading me on", "she doesn't say what she feels".....so yeah, say what you mean and mean what you say!

What is your idea of being his "girlfriend" I know that the term is thrown around these days, and you gotta be careful, especially if you're young.. don't let yourself get hurt, you'll have permanent scars and those suck..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back