Parents A different kind of crazy parent thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Since we have had so many discussions regarding crazy parents at the gym recently, I thought I would share that the local drama-mamas at our gym have decided that grass is greener on the other side of the fence and left our gym! Yay! I know it is childish to cheer but it is so nice to just go watch my kids practice and not have that heavy weight on my chest when I see that group. We have a great group of parents on our team and this just makes us that much stronger as a group. I sincerely wish their girls luck in the upcoming years and hope they find a good fit at their new gym.

I have been there and totally understand. You do not wish these girls or there mom bad just that they would find some other place that fits them better.

I have said often to various team parents over the years their are lots of clubs out there and just as many differnt philosophies (sp?) you need to find the best fit for your DD pr DS and family.

Glad for you and your DD teammates

Glad they're gone and not driving you crazy any more. Good luck to them!

We only have one gym in my whole country, so I'm really grateful that we don't have crazy moms there! All the team moms flew down to Trinidad last weekend for a meet, and there was never any drama. Moms that knew each other outside of the gym tended to group together to go shopping or out to dinner, but when we were all around the pool for the pizza party etc., we all got along great. Our gym allows any parent to stay and watch - we just have to stay off the working areas, and supervise siblings properly. We don't have a separate viewing area away from the action - just a few benches set back a few feet from the gym floor. It works OK - I don't see parents trying to coach from the sidelines.

I hope your gym is a much more peaceful place going forward!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back