WAG A? for optional and xcel parents...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I *think* our optional girls pay $350 for their choreography. They get new routines every 2 years. In between they pay like $175/200 for a touch up with the choreographer.

Xcel girls get their routines choreographed by the coaches. SO they might pay for music and a private or 2.

At both gyms where my DD competed xcel, choreography was free- but- it wasn't individualized. Everyone on a level had the same routine. One of the gyms she tried had individual choreography and they charged $175.

The email just went out for our gym, if I recall it was $600-$675!!!!!

I'm happy dd is still compulsory!

Reactions: sce
Xcel Bronze 235, Xcel Silver and Gold 245, Level 6 250. Includes the music if you use GymJamz, other wise music is extra.

90 minute session for intial work and choreography, with a 30 minute follow up. You are encouraged to video. Any follow up privates (and we all pretty much to follow up) 70.00 per hour, can do 1/2 hours at 35.

Tweaking counts as follow up. So Little kept her music from Bronze to Silver, just changed some to the tumbling (upped the skills) some other bits, that tweaking was done with only privates.

This year going to Gold, music change, skill and dance change. We start fresh and pay again.

What does 375 and 600 include. Regarding time and such???

Again, over the 2 yrs she used her piece I probably ended paying about 400-500 with the follow up and privates. But not all in one lump and I had some control over how and when.

Dominic Zito (USAG national team choreographer)...I think it's 1 hour slots but not sure of all the details. They keep routines for 2 years.
(This is for optionals, I don't know how they work it out for excel)

$375 includes 2 hour long choreography sessions and 1 hour long follow-up. After that, if more work is needed, it's done in privates for $60 per hour.

$350. However many sessions are necessary to develop and internalize the routine. Music is a separate purchase.

$350. However many sessions are necessary to develop and internalize the routine. Music is a separate purchase.
So how much of that includes "many sessions".

Sorry not picking but when folks say a number, its important to know what comes with.

So what does the 350 include?

Again, we get 90 mins and 30 min follow up in initial cost. That got my daughter a routine that scored around a 9..1-9.3. It took additional work (read as privates) to get her to 9.6-9.8

Just started a thread on this in level 6/7 group. We have 2 options, $275 for our coach or $450 for an outside person that comes in.

Just started a thread on this in level 6/7 group. We have 2 options, $275 for our coach or $450 for an outside person that comes in.
Again what do these numbers buy you.???

At our gym it is $250 for floor and beam combined. It gives you two hours for the initial choreography plus one additional hour. The beam is just done during class or at the other hour. The beam routines get changed the most during practice.

From what I have seen it buys music and time to learn routine.

Again a price/number doesn't mean much without knowing what it includes.

600 dollars sounds like a lot of money but its relative.

If it includes 6 hours of working with the choreographer on the routine. That is 100 dollars per hour.

If it includes only 2 hours of work that is 300 dollars an hour.

A dollar amount without what it includes doesn't mean a whole lot.

We pay $250 for floor choreography and the girls use signature moves/poses for their beam routine. The money covers the choreography plus two hours of private instruction. Music is extra.

Free choreography done during practice by a former L10 gymnast (current NAIGC college club gymnast) or a former L8 that competed for us. Get your music by the means of your choice - cost is on you.

Or you choreograph it yourself (also free) or with the help of friends and family. Last year, YG worked with OG to choreograph her routine... then YG changed it on her own. This year, she may get some input from the old L8 because I can't stand her music - no clue how to choreograph a routine to it... it would be GREAT for an "artistic" gymnast, but she is more of a "power" gymnast.

If we want a private to work on anything, we can get them for $20-$25 an hour, depending on the coach.

Ours is either 300 or 400, depending which coach you choose. Gets you an hour to learn it. Anything after that is in a private, which is 65 or 100 an hour, again depending on which coach you use.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back