Parents A great meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
An update: My DD was really struggling 2 weeks ago with her series on beam. She was focused on only what she couldn’t do and not what she could do. It was to the point she was thinking about scratching beam. Then we had a pretty nasty snowstorm (10 inches for us just shuts everything down) and she only had 1 practice this week before leaving for our first out of state travel meet. Fast forward to competition day, she personal bested floor, bars, and beam!! Beam was rocky, but she stayed on! She went from a 7.2 to an 8.35... not a huge score obviously, but a HUGE win in the confidence boosting game. No hardware, no podium, but the smiles were huge and she even said she felt proud of herself. In my book that’s a bigger win than any medal.

An update: My DD was really struggling 2 weeks ago with her series on beam. She was focused on only what she couldn’t do and not what she could do. It was to the point she was thinking about scratching beam. Then we had a pretty nasty snowstorm (10 inches for us just shuts everything down) and she only had 1 practice this week before leaving for our first out of state travel meet. Fast forward to competition day, she personal bested floor, bars, and beam!! Beam was rocky, but she stayed on! She went from a 7.2 to an 8.35... not a huge score obviously, but a HUGE win in the confidence boosting game. No hardware, no podium, but the smiles were huge and she even said she felt proud of herself. In my book that’s a bigger win than any medal.
Congratulations on her success! It is never just about scores but the incremental improvements that can happen each meet which slowly build confidence. Good luck the rest of the year and may her progress continue, although it probably won't be in a straight line!!

We had a similar situation DD was struggling after being sick a bunch in December wanted to scratch the whole meet then was only going to do Bars and Floor. Ended up competing all events. Placed on bars and floor but I was super proud when she fell twice on beam and wasnt even upset afterwards. She was actually happy that she competed a new skill and her score wasnt too horrible (7.8 with 2 falls). The little victories mean the most. By the end of the weekend she told me to stop telling her how proud of her I was lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back