WAG A message from Kerry Perry

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

VERY robotic and fake.

Just another grossly overpaid robot, like most CEOs. Also when she said “the highest standard of care” um are we a hospital now? Very stupid lingo.

My real reason for not liking her: she’s letting all these idiots resign, rather than firing them.

Seriously she comes across so cold and inhuman. She shouldn’t be allowed to read from a script. Make a heartfelt statement sharing your real ideas!

I want to know who was involved in appointing this woman. If she was chosen by the board members who have since left/been asked to step down, well then she has no place here.

Also just because she is female doesn’t mean the problem will be fixed.

I personally feel that CEOs should be voted on by the current elite athletes who are over 18.

VERY robotic and fake.

Just another grossly overpaid robot, like most CEOs. Also when she said “the highest standard of care” um are we a hospital now? Very stupid lingo.

My real reason for not liking her: she’s letting all these idiots resign, rather than firing them.

Seriously she comes across so cold and inhuman. She shouldn’t be allowed to read from a script. Make a heartfelt statement sharing your real ideas!
Umm,most people making some sort of professional systems will read from a script or memorized speech. It is way too easy to mispeak when you don’t plan what you will say.

Also, she has been in this job a few months. She stepped into a massive controversy and has to unpack all the layers of what USAG has been, in order to then institute changes to refocus the organization.

Didn't y'all get this via email? I mean everyone who is a USAG member? I did. Reading it, it sounded fine to me. I have no problem with how she spoke overall, but this is not written to be a speech and so is a tad long and a bit dry. I suggest read it. Better that way.

What about the content? Vague on the potential impact of lawsuits and a few other areas, but that is the nature of that beast. Building a new state of the art training center? That is interesting. The optics could go either way on that. But I would take that impulse as good news. If the organization just curls up and dies that is not good for the athletes...is it?

Agree with sce, is seems unfair to unload on this woman who took on a challenge few would relish. Of course this was scripted- again it was an e-mail, and thus written to be read and not really a speech. Everyone has to make videos now I guess, although I do not know why. I vastly prefer to read most things.

Professionals should not jump up and emote "off script" about super sensitive issues. She was hired to put the pieces back together, not wail over the body. Either she is up to the job or not, but she did not abuse anyone or cover up abuse. Why the hate? I do not get it.

I felt this statement was appropriate given where everything is at. Her role as CEO should be straightforward and factual in my opinion at this time - yes she looks a little robotic, sure, but that's just a professional item she has to work on. I would expect that given a little time, they need to start getting into the details of how this is going to work, but I can't imagine the moving pieces they need pull together. I guess I am feeling better about what USAG is doing as I just listened to the last Gymcastic podcast around Elite verification, and all they changes for this event. It is wonderful if you haven't listened to it. My DD is not, nor ever will be Elite, but when they are making changes at the highest level, it only bodes well at all levels. My favorite part was Ronda Faehn, from USAG, making statements on her thoughts, which were way less robotic and more heartfelt around USAG gymnastics. Plus, given the fact that she (Rhonda) was an Elite and a beloved NCAA coach, I tend to trust her more because she has lived this. In my opinion, they should have Rhonda do more speaking out to the broader gymnastics community on behalf of USAG.

I truly can't see it making it out the other side. I expect bankruptcy anytime now.

I wonder if she is the correct person for the job, as she was hired by the board that just resigned. I wonder if they picked her as they felt they could pull her strings and use her as a marionette.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back