Parents A sneak peek into dd's Level 4 routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

I took some clips of Liv at practice doing her level 4 routines. It is one of her first times doing the floor and beam routines.

On floor she hasn't really been taught the last part of the routine, especially the part on the floor.

On bars she has her fhc and shoot thru but she was not with her usual coach so she had a spot. But her bars are looking pretty good for such a short time.

On beam she needs her scale. I posted in another forum about suggestions for improving a scale. Otherwise I think she just needs lot and lots of practice.

She still has about 7 months to work on them. So I think we are well on our way!

Here's her video: YouTube - Level 4 -Sneak Peek

Feel free to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is doing AWESOME! Wow, she is going to be more than ready by Fall!! She is so good, I can't believe she is 5!

Very nice! She is going to kick some booty during her L4 Season! I love how she can barely reach the beam to get herself up there! So cute!:D

WOW! So hard to believe she's just 5 and learning L4. I agree with everyone else...she's gonna be bringing home a lot of BLING if she still has 7 more months to practice this...she looks ready NOW! I love that your gym does the L2 and L3, I think it really gives them what they need for 4. She really has those skills down, you can tell! Great job!

WOW! So hard to believe she's just 5 and learning L4. I agree with everyone else...she's gonna be bringing home a lot of BLING if she still has 7 more months to practice this...she looks ready NOW! I love that your gym does the L2 and L3, I think it really gives them what they need for 4. She really has those skills down, you can tell! Great job!

Thank you so much!She is a very mature 5 year old. She has an "old soul." People always say she seems much older than her actual age.

Last spring I would been ok with holding her off on competing and just train her L5 for when she turned 7 years old. In hindsight I am glad she competed L2 and L3 because it definetly gave her the experience and confidence she needs. It has also motivated her to perfect her form instead of just wanting to do the big skills. Not to mention she loves to perform and the bigger the crowd the better. And the possibilty of few metals to go along with it is icing on the cake. She is looking forward to her next season. She will do one of her routines and ask me if I think it looked like a 9. She is so funny!

Thank you all for all your nice comments. I will keeping taking clips and keep you posted on her progression.

Liv is such amazing little girl she is defintly looking good .My dd at 5 would never had enough focus to even remeber her routines.I had to laugh when she was on bars that reminded me of my dd and she is almost 9 but she is usually looking around the most when she is on beam but she has got alot better this last year on focusing,wondering eyes what ever you want to call it.

She looks great! She should have a great season as a L4... I love her 'pretty hands' on floor! She looks competition ready already!

Olivia looks amazing! I cracked up when she was on bars. Abby does that, always looking around at what the "big girls" are doing. Problem is that sometimes she still does it at meets. LOL.

Olivia is going to rock L4!!

Liv is such amazing little girl she is defintly looking good .My dd at 5 would never had enough focus to even remeber her routines.I had to laugh when she was on bars that reminded me of my dd and she is almost 9 but she is usually looking around the most when she is on beam but she has got alot better this last year on focusing,wondering eyes what ever you want to call it.

Thank you so much! Liv has knack for remembering routines. In fact last year she watched Julia's dance for her recital and she memorized it to help her sister practice it. Her coach the other day was very upset because the older (8 and 9 year olds) couldn't remember the routine. Liv was on the floor showing them the routine so they wouldn't get in trouble. She is so funny!

She hasn't been tested yet but her kindergarten teacher thinks she may be highly gifted because of her out of the box thinking and reasoning abilities. Not to mention she is reading at a 2nd grade level and can multiply and divide. For example at gym they have to do sets of a specific exercise and she'll ask her partner if they want to do 5 four times or 10 2 times. She is not aware of what she is doing but it's difinetly not something a 5 year old should be able to do. Yet she is just your typical 5 year old who loves to play pretend and draw. She draws ALL the time- in the car, while watching tv, etc. She can do it for hours at a time.

I am really looking forward to next competition season. I think she just may be more successful as a level 4 than she was as a level 3. Probably because she is a year older and will be better prepared. I will keep posting her progress but in the meantime I think I may upload a few clips I have of Liv's and Julia's first ballet class.

Wow already can divide and mutiply . I no my dd has had alot more fun in L4 she quickly got bored in L3.Can't wait to see the girls dancing.

She's so cute! So did you just finish meet season? She looks awesome!

Thank you!

Yeah her real season ended in Nov. but she competed once after that at our international home meet in Jan. where she scored a 36AA and moved up to level 4. Now she'll train level 4 till Sept. when she'll have her first L4 meet with states in Dec. And assuming she scores a 36AA then she'll start training L5 this time next year. At our gym HC will not move anyone up a level unless they score 36AA or better.

I think she is all round gifted really looking at her first ballet class and her gymnastics. It doesn't surprise me she is a really clever little girl at school too. You have to use your brain alot in gymnastics and dance. Nice to hear she draws. Drawing is a lovely way to have quiet time. It may be because she has so much in her head to express and she needs to get it down on paper. When is a fluent writer you may find she turns to writing endlessly instead.

She looked such a star at her last level3 and she will be sooooo ready for her level 4 season. Best wishes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back