Parents A warm fuzzy...it doesn't get better than this!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

margymmom

This was such a sweet moment, I thought I'd share. My daughter has struggled with an injury and NUMEROUS fears since she started training for level 5. She has not been able to kip (ever) despite being "close" for months. At our first meet last week, she did her first ever kip while competing. As soon as she made it, her entire team (coaches too) and all the parents in the stands began to jump and shout and cheer. She finished her routine (she barely remembered what to do once she reached the high bar) with a HUGE smile! When she came off of the floor, her teammates were hugging her, picking her up, passing her around, etc. It was the last event of the day, and when the girls came out to see their parents, they all ran up and announced that DD made her kip. None of the girls were thinking of their own great moments or performances. DD made the high bar kip also this week, and it was a near replay of last week. I have the most beautiful photos of her surrounded by her teammates in a group hug. How lucky is she to have such a supportive and sweet group of girls? With all of the negative stories we hear about competitive girls...this still gives me goosebumps.

That made me cry. It really is great to see team spirit amongst the gymnasts and parents as well.

We went to watch A's teammates compete this weekend and it was so awesome to see them cheer each other on and also the parents cheering on the team girls as well.

Thanks for sharing your DDs sweet story.

First, congratulations to your dd for getting such an important skill. And second, congratulations to your dd's team for being so wonderful and supportive. That's absolutely terrific!

That is really the coolest thing I have heard in a long time. What awesome teammates your dd has...and congratulations to her for getting her kip!!!

Kelly

Thanks so much for sharing :) That is such a great story and both you and your dd are so lucky to be in such a supportive environment. Oh - and she definitely picked a great time to get that kip !!!!

I LOVE This!!!

This was such a sweet moment, I thought I'd share. My daughter has struggled with an injury and NUMEROUS fears since she started training for level 5. She has not been able to kip (ever) despite being "close" for months. At our first meet last week, she did her first ever kip while competing. As soon as she made it, her entire team (coaches too) and all the parents in the stands began to jump and shout and cheer. She finished her routine (she barely remembered what to do once she reached the high bar) with a HUGE smile! When she came off of the floor, her teammates were hugging her, picking her up, passing her around, etc. It was the last event of the day, and when the girls came out to see their parents, they all ran up and announced that DD made her kip. None of the girls were thinking of their own great moments or performances. DD made the high bar kip also this week, and it was a near replay of last week. I have the most beautiful photos of her surrounded by her teammates in a group hug. How lucky is she to have such a supportive and sweet group of girls? With all of the negative stories we hear about competitive girls...this still gives me goosebumps.

OMG--this brought me to tears as well!!! I love these moments and sometimes they are more special and gratifying then winning any blue ribbon!!!!

Congrats to your dd and give her a big high-5 for me!!!

Awesome job!!!http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000

That is such a lovely story about great spirit. I am so happy for your DD, it is so hard when they struggle, but so great when they persevere and are rewarded so well. Hooray for the kip, but even more for having such a great life experience.

That is what gymnastics is all about!

Yay! How lucky you are, to have DD at such a supportive gym. It makes such a difference, doesn't it? Congrats to her! ;)

Thanks for sharing such a sweet moment with us:D My DD & I, feel these types of moments are what gymnastics is REALLY all about. Congrats to your DD! Wishing her a great season.

What a nice, sweet, supportive group of friends your daughter has! That brought tears to my eyes. That really is an unforgettable moment.

Congrats on the kip too! What a great time to make your first kip LOL.

Aww that brought tears to my eyes too! What a sweet moment. Congrats to your dd for getting her kip. How wonderful that she has such great teamates to share in her special moment!! :D

We are a big bunch of saps! I have tears in my eyes too..

I cry of my DD's teammates all the time. I love hearing those stories!

Congrats to your DD!

I'm glad so many of you enjoyed this story. I do feel very fortunate, and I think DD coaches have done a great job in teaching the girls to work as a team. I will try to post two pics (though it may not work as I haven't done this before). In the first you cannot see my daughter as she is in the middle of the hug! The second shows her muscling up on the high bar kip. It wasn't pretty, but you can see she was determined to get up!

Attachments

• team hug 2.jpg
    team hug 2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 19
That is just wonderful that she has such a supportive group of girls to be a part of a team with. It is funny I am noticing how some of those sweet girls from classes or pre-team are changing fast as they are now on team. It is a real shame. I am so happy for your DD.

How sweet! I think when these girls are together for so many hours they know each others strengths and weaknesses and really celebrate those moments that mean so much.

Last year at one of the last meets of the year one of L4's in my DD's 6 yr old group finally did her ROBHS by herself on the floor. So many times she made coach go out with her even though she was barely being spotted. The girls (and parents watching) were so happy jumping up & down we don't know how she finished her routine there was so much noise.

CONGRATS to your DD on her kip and I am sure those pictures are priceless!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back