Off Topic Aaahhh - I can't stand waiting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippymonkeysmom

I went on a job interview last Friday that went really well - got called back for a second interview which was this morning - and it went really well. They only had one other person come in for a second interview. I really hope I hear something before we leave to drive to NY at 2:00 in the morning. I am so not a patient person.

Erm, why are you driving at 2am??? Can't wait for that turkey eh????

I totally get your impatience, it would be lovely to know before you leave. Of course now you have managed to make me need to know too. Please let me know as soon as you find it, I might die of curiosity before Tuesday!!!

We are leaving at 2:00 am hoping to get through NYC at about lunch time - should be the least traficiky time to go through (or so we are seriously hoping). I can't stand being in the car for 11 hours and then sitting in dead stop traffic for who knows how long - kwim.

I'll make sure to post as soon as I hear something - keep you fingers crossed for me.

Yeah, good call about avoiding traffic...it sucks bigtime up here!!

Good luck gettin that job!! May the best gym mom win :D!

Well I didn't get it :( My dh is convinced it is a blessing though. Since I am already in school finishing my degree, he really thought working on top of school on top of having 3 kids in sports all over the place would totally push me over the edge. Maybe things happen for a reason and he was right and I should just focus on finishing school now :rolleyes:

Good news is that we called the traffic right today. We left at 2am and got through NYC fairly easy. I was cursing myself for getting rid of my EZ-Pass as we were sitting on lines to pay tolls though. So now I am totally exhausted and bummed about the job. Of couse since I'm on my second glass of wine I should be passed out before too long.

Hey Flippy don't be down, I think your DH is right this time (though really don't tell him that or we'll never hear the end of it:D) You really have a lot on your plate right now, once your degree is finished you'll be even more appealing to employers.

Glad you made it though NYC fine, those toll booths really are a pain. Thank goodness for wine eh?

Have a lovely weekend with the family, if they drive you nuts, there is always more wine!!:D:p

Flippy - I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason". Something better will come along!

enjoy your wine and the time with your family, of course.

Aw sorry to hear that. As others have said, everything happens for a reason.

And EZ Pass is awesome! It saves you a TON of time when traffic is bad.

When I was little, I asked my dad why anyone would pay tolls with money when you could go through without having to pay anything in the EZ Pass lane. My dad laughed. That was about as good as when my dad was complaining about not having enough money to pay for stuff. I told him to go to the ATM machine more often!

Flippy - I am sorry that you did not get the job. I hate to agree w/ your husband :rolleyes: but - it sounds like you are awfully busy right now.

I also believe that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes us humans just can't stand not knowing the reason or the better thing that is coming. Keep a stiff upper lip - eat LOTS of turkey and stuffing and drink more wine - you'll feel better.

Enjoy your holiday with your family.

Hey Flippy--I am sorry that you didn't get the job. I too, believe that everything happens for a reason. I know you are bummed but try to keep your chin and spirits up. Enjoy your long weekend and relax!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back