AAU Nationals Virginia Beach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gina - there are definitely 2 of us doing ladies l 8, and maybe a third. and there may be 2 doing intermediate optionals/modified optionals.
it is great that you are healing so fully that you can compete!

I'll just have to see how I prepare and then decide. I am coming along but still very limited in certain skills, so I am trying to build my routines around that. I am scheduled for an abdominal wall repair this fall, and hopefully after that I will be back all the way.

Have been trying to put together level 8 routines and it's not gonna happen before Aug. 1, so I entered the intermediate optionals. Excited, it's just over a month away!

I am registered for level 8!!! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it but glad it worked out! See you ladies there!!!! :)

I was thinking about competing but I don't think I am going to make it, I really doubt I will be in good enough shape to do most of my routines and my bars routine is so lame (I guess I could just not do bars but it's my favorite event!)

I also may not be able to train this month due to financial reasons, so IDK. How much does it cost to enter? I live in the area, and I have this fancy new leotard I just won and everything. It seems a shame not to go!

~Katy

just two of us are going as L8's. can't wait to see everyone there. katy, if you can swing it, you need to sign up asap. the deadline was july 1, but i bet they'll still let you do it. you need an aau # about $25 and registration for the meet is $75. remember its is just for fun and i think it is good to do bars just to get a score.

Just a heads up, special requirements will probably be .5 not .2. At the Disney meet last weekend they took .5 and said that .2 was only for intermediate optionals not level 8.

Can't wait too see you all there!!

Well I managed to find the means to pay for my class for the month but I'm pretty sure that after that even if they let me register late I can't afford to :( If you all let me know when you are competing though I can probably at least come cheer you all on!

~Katy

we still don't know if we are competing on saturday or sunday. that would be great if you could stop by.

I'm so psyched for this meet! I'm going to be doing Ladies Level 8. Suffered a separated shoulder right before Nationals, so I'm hoping this meet will go a little bit better than Nationals did. Hopefully I can meet some of you there!:)

i'm going stay the week after the meet and road trip the chesapeake bay. after the meet, we should all get together for a day at the beach or dinner.

That would be fun to get together after the meet, I am heading home Sunday though because I have to coach Monday.

Does anyone know the schedule for the meet? I can't believe it is next weekend and still no schedule!!!!

Well the meet schedule is online now, ladies compete saturday at 1:30 for "prelims" and sunday at 2pm for "finals". I didn't know we would be competing in two sessions, guess that means less time at the beach and more in the gym.

I know you mentioned getting together katy, anyone want to do dinner after the meet on Saturday? I will be leaving sunday after the meet and heading home but will be checking out the beach on Friday.

See you ladies next weekend!!

Where did you see the schedule? I never saw it! 1:30 on Saturday with finals at 2:00 on Sunday? That's a little sad... I wanted some beach time, too!

** Found the schedule... What does it mean by prelim and finals awards? Are they giving out two sets of awards or just placements? That's going to be rough to compete two days in a row! I competed in a meet yesterday and my body is quite sore! It's interesting that they are talking about adding scores together and such.

Last edited:
oh wow I didn't know the competition would be two days. There are 3 from my gym, not including myself since I have to attend a wedding on saturday :(, that are supposed to be going. I don't think they were planning on staying over night though so I guess I better bring this to their attention. Is there anyway of just attending the finals or do you have to attend both?

oh wow I didn't know the competition would be two days. There are 3 from my gym, not including myself since I have to attend a wedding on saturday :(, that are supposed to be going. I don't think they were planning on staying over night though so I guess I better bring this to their attention. Is there anyway of just attending the finals or do you have to attend both?

If you're just doing one day, it might be best to just do the first day (Sat) because this says there will be prelim awards for each event (but not the AA)
http://image.aausports.org/sports/JO_Games/entry/2010/2010GymnasticsSchedule.pdf

So those who went, how did it go? I completely forgot this was happening (plus I ended up getting asked to DJ for a swing dance thing that kept me out all night) so I didn't make it to watch even.

~Katy

i always consider it a great meet if i can finish all my routines.
the meet went really well the first day and by the second - i was tired! 1st day i did all my skills but fell 2x on beam. second day i had a high bhs and didn't do my full on floor and fell on a squat on on bars, but i stuck my beam routine! i ended up with 3 over all.
it was a lot of fun to meet everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News