About time too!!!! lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My 14 year old dd came home tonight, it is past 11pm here and she trains from 6:30-8:30pm on Wednesday and says. I shocked myself, I did the kip, like 4 times.:eek::eek::eek:

She started to learn this like 4 years ago, even at her old club, and just couldn't get it. Moved to the other club and still didn't get it. Sometimes being helped by trainers from a higher division, giving her tips etc. But uhuh, no kip.

For her this is compulsary in her bars exercise, so she is missing an element. I don't think it makes tons of difference, but still. And I usually didn't even ask anymore, if she managed to do it, because it was always nope.

She just started using those things on her hands, not sure what you call them in English, so she had to relearn bars, which didn't take her too long.

Of course after those 4 times, she didn't get it again, but it is good that at least she has had the feeling a few times, so maybe in a little while, she will have it in her exercise for real.:D

I sure hope so anyways.

Wow the Kip is huge, getting it in such limited time is amazing.

The things on her hands are called grips in North America.

Wow the Kip is huge, getting it in such limited time is amazing.

The things on her hands are called grips in North America.

What do you mean with limited time? It took her 4 years, lol. And of course it is hoping now that she will do it more often and can put it in her exercise.

Thanks, yes, grips, I have heard that word before, just couldn't remember.

She only does gym 4-5 hours a week. That is not much time at all to make the body strong to get the skill. There are many kids who would never, ever get it like that. The kip is a very hard skill technically and to learn it takes so much coaching and effort.

That's great! DD is training Level 5 to compete this fall (first time kip is used in US compulsories), so I've been watching a whole team go through the process of getting the kip, and I know what an achievement it is. I'm sure she's beyond thrilled. The coaches on here can probably comment further, but from what I've seen, doing it the first time is like breaking the ice and she'll soon get regularity to getting it.

Thanks. I saw her do it today for the first time, with warming up for the comp. Sadly she didn't get it for the comp. itself.:( But I am sure she will get better at it in the coming weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back