Acro skills on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, at the moment I am learning front walkovers on beam, I can basically do them on the high beam but I'm still getting the right technique. I'm also learning round offs. I want to start learning front handsprings soon after I finish learning round offs and front walkovers. When I learn front handsprings I want to learn back handsprings. Just a couple of quick questions:
1. Do you have to have a back walkover on the high beam to be able to do a back handspring? (I used to be able to do back walkovers but then they turned really bad and dangerous so I started front walkovers).
2. How long does it take to learn a back handspring on the high beam?
3. Would it be hard to learn a back sault on the high beam?

Any replies would be great!!

Hi, at the moment I am learning front walkovers on beam, I can basically do them on the high beam but I'm still getting the right technique. I'm also learning round offs. I want to start learning front handsprings soon after I finish learning round offs and front walkovers. When I learn front handsprings I want to learn back handsprings. Just a couple of quick questions:
1. Do you have to have a back walkover on the high beam to be able to do a back handspring? (I used to be able to do back walkovers but then they turned really bad and dangerous so I started front walkovers).
2. How long does it take to learn a back handspring on the high beam?
3. Would it be hard to learn a back sault on the high beam?

Any replies would be great!!

1. Not required but it makes it easier to understand and keep the handspring square.
2. It depends on the gymnast. Some I've seen learn it in a year, some in about 10 mins
3. same answer as number 2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back