MAG Adult Backtuck progression

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I’m training in some gymnastics recreationally as an adult.

It’s a great way of staying healthy I believe.

I thought I’d share this video I made of me progressing towards my first back tuck;

The technique isn’t great but it’s a start at least. Some of the commentary in the video might not be relevant to this forum.

Reactions: JBS
Great for you picking up gymnastics, stay safe though!

Thanks I thought I was quite cautious about it after my first couple of attempts at the start.

I didn’t really understand how backflips worked at first, I didn’t stop to think, aside from competition nerves, most gymnasts will not be nervous about doing a skill.

I saw a backflip as something that was mainly about bravery I think a lot of people make that mistake.

Thanks I thought I was quite cautious about it after my first couple of attempts at the start.

I didn’t really understand how backflips worked at first, I didn’t stop to think, aside from competition nerves, most gymnasts will not be nervous about doing a skill.

I saw a backflip as something that was mainly about bravery I think a lot of people make that mistake.
Being careful and staying safe also has to do with working on strength and flexibility. It really reduces the quantity and probably quality of injuries!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back