Adult Competitions

• Thread starter peace.love.gymnast
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

peace.love.gymnast

Can any of you adult gymnasts on here PLEASE tell me if you know of any adult competitions in the Southeast? Maybe Georgia, Alabama, or Florida? Also, how would you go about entering into any of them? I'm having a hard time with finding these. I attend classes for adults several towns away from where I live, but we don't work on very much (I guess they have limits on what they allow adults to do there). It's very frustrating b/c I REALLY want to do bars, but we mostly do floor and use the pit.

I live in Georgia and we do not have an AAU ladies division but I know Florida does. I am going to a meet next weekend in Orange City Florida, it is an AAU Florida State qualifier but since GA doesn't offer the program I can compete. Florida State meet is april 24-25th and they will have the ladies division, I won't be there because I coach and my girls have Regional's that weekend. The next meet I am going to is in Orlando Florida July 1-4th it is the AAU age group nationals and they will have ladies division. You can find more information about AAU ladies division on the AAU website. AAU - Gymnastics

we are really enjoying the aau gymnastics. they have a modified optionals for adults equivalent to 7 optional, and a ladies level 8. there are some meets listed on their website.
i know what you mean about wanting to do bars, that's my favorite.
good luck

Hey finally had time to come back online. Training is going really well. The three of us are going to compete in the AAU south carolina state qualifying meet in April and then at the wide world of sports in florida in July. I have my bars routine down and my vault. Still working on my beam and floor routine. I'm excited but nervous about falling off the balance beam. My beam mount is pretty cool though. Its kind of like this one but I only do the first part and then like a cartwheel over land on my one knee and sit up. YouTube - balanse beam mount Moseanu

Hey finally had time to come back online. Training is going really well. The three of us are going to compete in the AAU south carolina state qualifying meet in April and then at the wide world of sports in florida in July. I have my bars routine down and my vault. Still working on my beam and floor routine. I'm excited but nervous about falling off the balance beam. My beam mount is pretty cool though. Its kind of like this one but I only do the first part and then like a cartwheel over land on my one knee and sit up. YouTube - balanse beam mount Moseanu

What's in your routines? Is the wide world of sports an AAU event?

The three of us here in Myrtle Beach are off to state competition in Summerville, SC tomorrow. I'm trying not to think about messing up but I'm very nervous anyway. I'll let everyone know how it went when we get back. Hopefully I'll be able to include it as an accomplishment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back