Adult Gymnastics Online Motivation Via Sponsoring Causes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is anyone interested in grouping to sponsor causes or charities, linked to achievements in the gym? This could be a good motivator for those of us doing, or returning to, gymnastics in adult recreational settings, particularly when you have few, or no peers working out with you, other than the coach. It is good for getting over fears, improving/perfecting skills, or conditioning. Plus, it would help the causes that we choose to have sponsored. Now, with social media and crowdfunding, it's so easy to find causes that need money that can be supported with a click.

Great, glad somebody replied. So how do you think we should procede? My idea is that people should get sponsored for quantities of a skill, or drill performed, since it's easier to measure than learning something new (since you go back and forth in the learning process, etc). Also, are we allowed to post urls in here, say to a charity, or a crowdfunding cause, so that we can say "who wants to pledge x amount for every Y that I (or my child) does at the gym tomorrow"?

Last edited:
This is a test of the idea. I picked this child randomly on the Indiegogo crowdfunding site:Smilin' Jacky Mulvena Conquers Cancer! | Indiegogo

Then, I sponsored my workout last night, consisting of:
Gymnastics gym: 3 ROBHs, 25 blockups, 25 horizontal punchups, 25 V-ups.
Regular gym: 2 miles on treadmill.

(I know it doesn't sound like much for many of you millennials, but when I was born the Beatles were still making albums)

Anyway, it yielded $16 donated. Anyone want to match? And of course, this type of thing can be done more formally, with designated amounts pledged in advanced for amounts of exercises, skills, etc.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back