Adult tramp/T&T in the US?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LucyTRA

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Very general and hypothetical (at the moment) question over here, but I saw a job (non gymnastics related) advertised in the U.S. and I'm interested in applying for it. I wondered, while I am doing my research about the place, and the state, and the job if I would be able to continue with tramp training and competitions. I'm 22, compete regularly for a club over here, level 3 qualified coach and I'm definitely not ready to give it up.

Is this something that is 'done' in the states, or is it only kids? Are people going to think I'm crazy because I'm not super high level but I want to continue with it? Any and all insight appreciated!

It depends on the club-our gym doesn't really have adult students-and any they do have were their students while still in their teens, but there are gyms around who teach adults and adults who compete in competitions around here as low as level 4. I have seen both (younger) coaches and judges compete, so it is definitely done.

just a thought Lucy ( and very envious of your move), can you look up the USA tramp levels and then see what of their levels you would compete at, then when you approach them you can say - well I am a level XX and can also coach to level YY ?

It's absolutely allowed and done. We had a guy in his early twenties who competed on our team until very recently and I have seen women in their 30s/40s competing- and not at super high levels either. It's a very welcoming and inclusive sport. Heck, I know of a 24 yo woman who is competing artistic JO L6, so I guess if you want something you can make it happen. Best of luck!

America, where you can do anything, be anything, and aspire! If there is no Adult Tramp/T&T in the city you wish to go, that doesn't mean there isn't a market for it, or opportunity for you to create it. Grab the brass ring!

That's so useful @Iwannabemargo, thank you! I would be somewhere around a 6/7 at the moment, but working for an 8 once I finally get over the backwards mental block... And I'm qualified to teach all of it. And I'm a judge, but idk if that would be the same/still count in the U.S.

I and an idle Google and found a gym that is in the same city as the job with a fledgling tramp program, but no mention of adults and only running 'beginner' classes :(

That's so useful @Iwannabemargo, thank you! I would be somewhere around a 6/7 at the moment, but working for an 8 once I finally get over the backwards mental block... And I'm qualified to teach all of it. And I'm a judge, but idk if that would be the same/still count in the U.S.

I and an idle Google and found a gym that is in the same city as the job with a fledgling tramp program, but no mention of adults and only running 'beginner' classes :(

So as Gym dad says, run with it, make it your own, get the locals competing, be the next Jeff Metzger........

Booo, Hisss @GymDad9.9 , not that kind of place, or back garden trampolines (she adds if @dunno is listening), proper athletic trampolining with suitably qualified instruction ( checks to see that all relevant safety info in place and heaves sight of relief )
Wasn't really trying to equate the two. Just pointing out how folks here are trying to build a franchise market for the lil' ol trampoline. I'm not endorsing or condoning the Sky Zone concept. I've been to one, wasn't enamored by it and found them inherently dangerous given the overall lack of supervision combined with the sheer number of children who tramp together on these trampolines without regard to safety.

Plus, they charge alot of $$$!

just pulling your chain there, there has been many a discussion about "those places" and their safety record on here, with dunno being quite knowledgeable and vocal in his opinion, just a little side reference for those here who have been around the block a bit.

just pulling your chain there, there has been many a discussion about "those places" and their safety record on here, with dunno being quite knowledgeable and vocal in his opinion, just a little side reference for those here who have been around the block a bit.
I know you were pulling my chain, especially when you were hissing.

I f you are qualified that would put you in a great place for other employment too. Coach training in the US is very minimal and you would be a great hire.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back