Adult Trampoline

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BachFlyer

Proud Parent
I was wondering if the resident T&T crew here could shed any light on ex-artistic gymnasts transitioning to your side of the sport, especially older/adult/post college athletes. Do you have any experiences or stories to share? My dd will be competing college gym assuming her body holds up, but she talks a lot about wanting to continue in trampoline as an adult later. I think she can't see a future where she isn't involved (ie: upside down) in some way, and she has zero desire to coach.

Who knows if life or her body will get in the way, but I'm curious what that path and opportunity to compete would look like if she wanted to try.

Thanks!

I've seen adults at T&T comps up through their thirties. I've also seen coaches up through their fifties still practicing/throwing high level skills. I think it's a great transition sport for artistic gymnasts and I think it can be very adult friendly.

Your difficulty will be finding a gym that will coach you. Our gym will not coach adult gymnasts due to their insurance policy (only covers minors). BUT we are in CA and it's a litigation happy state so that might be location-specific.

Your difficulty will be finding a gym that will coach you. Our gym will not coach adult gymnasts due to their insurance policy (only covers minors). BUT we are in CA and it's a litigation happy state so that might be location-specific.

We knew of three gyms that we competed against that had adult gymnasts. It must be micro gym specific.

Hmm interesting, that's too bad. I kind of figured that to some degree, as it's the same with artistic.

Do you know anything about how they got started? did they come over from Artistic? Was it a hard transition?

As far as I know they had always been involved. I'm not sure they started as adults, more just kept going. There was an adult (early thirties by my best estimate) in rec classes at one of my DDs old gyms though. She was learning from the beginning though. Teens that we've seen switch over generally did really well.

Not 100% relevant to your question, but has your DD heard of aerial arts/acrobatics or acro dance? They both look like lots of fun - a great workout that isn't as pounding on the body as gymnastics, but still incredibly difficult. Trampoline has similar benefits.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back