Parents Advice needed Pretty please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think DD is having an allergic reaction to the chalk in the gym. She has been using it for years but for some reason her legs this past month have horrible spots on her legs approx where the bar hits. At first I thought she was having really bad ezima but our regular treatments are not working and it has NEVER been this bad. Should I ask the coaches if they have changed brand of chalk? Am I just loosing my mind for thinking of this. The spots are also on the back of her leg where she does the mill circle too. I just feel so bad her legs look like they are going to have perminant marks. Anyone have any suggestions. I am leaning toward calling her deromtologist but I don't want to over react if it is somethings as simple as a change in chalk.

What do the marks look like? Could you describe them in detail? Color, raised or flat, dry/scaly, any drainage, shape/size?

I would definitely ask the coaches if they have changed the chalk. I would still call the dermatologist, especially if she has excema, that way the Doc can be informed. Whether it's the chalk or not the rash needs treating.

She certainly isn't the first I've heard of with this, no fun at all. Can she wear long tight leggings to see if it helps clear things up? Washing the chalk off straight away might help, but not sure how that would work in the gym.

If you do see the Doc can you let us know how it goes as we can all learn from your experience and advice.

Last edited:
I would strongly suggest you get her spots/rash checked out by a doctor. Flipper was recently diagnosed with a staph infection that originated on her legs that our doctors believe she picked up at the gym. Staph is easily passed around in gyms or locker rooms. Fortunately, antibiotics usually clear it up pretty quickly.

I would strongly suggest you get her spots/rash checked out by a doctor. Flipper was recently diagnosed with a staph infection that originated on her legs that our doctors believe she picked up at the gym. Staph is easily passed around in gyms or locker rooms. Fortunately, antibiotics usually clear it up pretty quickly.

Totally agree with this!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back