WAG Advice urgent...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
DD has her meet training tomorrow 830 am and spent from about 10 til 1130 pm throwing up and well you know... Everything all at once.

Do I wake her and see how she is or bear the wrath and have her miss the venue training which I am sure will throw her off for Sat am comp.

If she says she feels better do I try and feed her or stick with just water?

This is her last meet of the season and her first western championships.... I am so torn!

Wake her in the morning and see how she feels. If she has to miss it, she has to miss. If she has a fever OR she can't eat, then she is too sick to do gymnastics.

IMHO, I'd let her sleep in and be prepared to take her the moment that she wakes. Light breakfast ready and leo, etc laid out and ready to go. What she needs is rest and recovery. Or she really will have a rough time at the meet. And she may not be able to make tomorrow at all. She could be too weak and unstable. Not the end of the world. Did she have a fever also? Or was it something that she ate? I do understand, as my dd would be furious with me also, but you don't want a weak (low electrolytes) dd out there flipping and tumbling and getting injured.

jago

I am guessing something she ate as no fever, but she has been congested past couple of days.

I even thought at first it was a nervous tummy but I don't think so now.

I sent an email to coaches letting them know that if she is there to pull back and maybe just let her feel the beam and bar .. Swing, walk and just let it be.

My DD threw up the night before her state meet this weekend - at midnight. She did not compete until the next evening, but did great. Thinking positive thoughts. She may wake up fine, but push electrolytes and I agree with minimal workout. Hang in there!!!

My DD has done this the night before a comp too! She was pretty tired the next morning, but still wanted to complete. She was fine at the comp, exhaust after!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Hopefully whatever it is passes quickly and she's feeling better after some rest. Get fluids into her and gradually work into food if she's feeling okay. It's not that big of a deal if she can't practice today, or can only do the bare minimum. I'm sure she's competed before without testing out the equipment a few days prior.
Best wishes, hope she wakes up feeling much better!

Have/let her compete as long as she has no fever and you feel she's not going to be contagious. She may do quite well if this puts her into an "I got nothing to lose" frame of mind.

Thanks everyone... We went to the venue and she had a couple of small throw ups... Said that made her feel better, but I could tell she was exhausted.

When the coach saw this he let her try the bar and she was smart enough to do her long kip but did not go up for the cast to handstand.

I was relieved and bundled her up and let her stay for the team photo. She drank a bit of Gatorade and is now getting some much needed sleep.

This is the longest she has gone without her tummy coming up so I am staying positive that things will be fine for Saturday morning comp.

Thanks as usual to everyone as it just feels better to get some second opinions from those who have BTDT!

Maybe bananas (potassium) will make her feel better.

I hope she's back to her normal self soon!!

jago

Oh no! My Internet has been wonky the past day or two and I was meaning to get on and wish dd luck from both dd and I. I hope she gets lots of rest today and that she is ready to go Saturday. Good luck and keep us posted! *get well vibes*

I hope your DD is feeling better and is string enough to do her best today! Good luck to her ! I look forward to hearing how she does!! :)

Ahh, how did she do? My daughter was sick all week leading up to her big age group comp this year. The deal was that she had to be able to eat something the night before and keep it down (she managed some fruit salad and yoghurt) and have some breakfast on the day (she had a bit of porridge) or no comp. She wasn't her strongest, but the determination and adrenalin and excitement kicked in on the day and she did fine and enjoyed it. Absolutely flaked afterwards though, so electrolytes and rest and sleep and more sleep and rest and hugs and hopefully she'll be fine. Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back