advice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i was looking on google for some gymnastics quotes and this web site had come up i am very happy it did because i need advice and from what i have read it helps i am a level 8 and i think i am not doing very well:(
everyone tells me i am but i just cant seem to understand it i guess i have set these expectations for myself and if i do not reach my goals i will break down and not know how to handle it i just get very angery with myself and isolate myself. i need help trying to boost my conidence and set some reachable goals.

any advice??

~high flyer~

You sound a lot like one of my girls. Actually, you sound like several of my girls, but one in particular.

No real advice here, sorry; I have found a few tricks to deal with individual kids who have this problem, but I have yet to find anything that works universally.

Welcome to the CB. You might find the gymnast forum here a good place to talk to other gymnasts and get some inspiration. :D

Also, try reading these articles.
Headgames Part 1
Headgames Part 2

This one might help you prepare for meets. http://www.headgames.ws/articles-010.html

(That site has a lot of cool articles for mental blocks, etc, might want to read them as well)

I think the first thing you need to do realize it is a huge accomplishment just to get to level 8. You need to think positive. Negative thinking doesn't get you anywhere. If you think you can, you CAN and if you think you can't, well you CAN'T. Put up little sticky notes on your bedroom mirror, bathroom mirror with positive thoughts. When you see them, say them to yourself and believe it.

Good luck getting through what you are dealing with right now.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Chalk Bucket. My DD is also a L8. She was feeling really confident going into her first meet. Then she didnt do as well as she expected. It was hard for her. She really wanted to feel like she "belonged' in L8. She had her second meet yesterday and things went much better.

I dont have much advice but to listen to your coaches. They wouldnt put you in a level if they didnt think you were ready.

The mindgames articles that mariposamama posted are great. Make sure you read them..

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back