Aerials / Team Ontario - anyone know about these gyms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
My daughter will be up against these two gyms at our travel meet in Phoenix this weekend. I can find enough info on the other gyms, but not the Canadian ones.
Anyone know if these gyms are "okay", or "win everything" type of gyms?
Thanks!
Not that it really matters, it is what it is, but I like to be prepared if DD will be somewhere near middle to bottom...
(oh, Level 6 specifically)

thank you!

There's no gym in Ontario called Aerials. There's a team of girls from Ontario who have been assembled through the Tour selection to go to Phoenix this year but they come from 10-15 different gyms. Some are good, some not so good.

Thanks so much!!!
Do those gyms make up what is called "Team Ontario" on the schedule sheet?

Okay, with a list like that, I'm giving up looking, and just praying for the best! LOL!
Good luck to your girls!!!

You're awesome!!! thank you!!!
It's just my inner stress that comes out in trying to figure out if my daughter has any chance at all (she's a solid mid to upper placer, but that's around here. I think this weekend will definitely be a lot of stiffer competition).

I just looked at the Tour selection meet, it was held in December in Belleville if you look it up on BTS. Scores for qualifying girls ranged from 36.975-37.425, so pretty strong in Level 6.
We were warned at our gym that the meet we're attending in Florida this winter to expect harder scoring than we're used to here for compulsories definitely, not sure about optionals. We're only in our second year of JO format here and our judges are not quite at par with the US now.

Definitely a strong Level 6 team for sure!
What meet are you coming to in Florida, if you don't mind me asking? (that's where I am)

Definitely a strong Level 6 team for sure!
What meet are you coming to in Florida, if you don't mind me asking? (that's where I am)
The Magical Classic. Our family isn't going because we're doing a Disney trip this fall instead and couldn't go twice. I'm glad we opted out as the exchange rate on the dollar is painful now. It's going to be an expensive trip!

I don't know about the level 6s; but I know one of the level 9s and she has always been pretty good...

A real trip to Disney beats a competition weekend, when you're trying to get ready, watch different sessions, etc. Have a great time!

And thank you for the information!!

The girls on Team Ontario finished in the top 8 in each level at the tour selection meet. This means that they beat out 50+ other girls to attend. I would say they are all decent gymnasts for their level. Having said that, Gymnastics Ontario limits tour selection to girls 13 years and over. So if your daughter is younger, Team Ontario won't be a concern (threat ;)) to her. Enjoy the competition. The resort hosting the meet looks really nice!

Having said that, Gymnastics Ontario limits tour selection to girls 13 years and over. So if your daughter is younger, Team Ontario won't be a concern (threat ;)) to her. Enjoy the competition. The resort hosting the meet looks really nice!

She's exactly 13... :)

I'm looking for a good meet for her, even if it just means hitting or beating what she got last weekend. A medal or two would be nice, but I'm not going to count on it.

I'm really looking forward to watching the Level 10 session. It should be pretty amazing!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back