Aerials?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Delia4

Gymnast
So I got my aerial several months ago(from a run)and then lost it the next practice. Now I can do one out of one step and a hurdle on the tumble trak(which I couldn't do before)but not from a run on floor. I think that when I was first doing them, I was landing incorrectly with my body/ankles facing sideways. Does anyone have any tips, etc.?

Hi ! First,i'm self taught gymnast so i hope my opinion will be valued regardless.
My advice for you is that you shouldn't try to get your aerial from a run because it makes your learn the skill in a way that is, according to me, wrong because when you run a lot and do an aerial, there's no control over it,you just do it by speed and land short generally. I think you should consider learning it standing at first because it teaches you how to push from your leg/hips and that's what you need to do the skill,power, not to throw yourself in it because even though you will do it,you won't really be learning the skill.
Hope it helps

Hi ! First,i'm self taught gymnast so i hope my opinion will be valued regardless.
My advice for you is that you shouldn't try to get your aerial from a run because it makes your learn the skill in a way that is, according to me, wrong because when you run a lot and do an aerial, there's no control over it,you just do it by speed and land short generally. I think you should consider learning it standing at first because it teaches you how to push from your leg/hips and that's what you need to do the skill,power, not to throw yourself in it because even though you will do it,you won't really be learning the skill.
Hope it helps
@pi-xx Thanks for the advice! I have my aerial now. I can almost do it from a stand:)

How I got my aerials was to hold scrunchies in my hands. That way I didn't put my hands down but only use this method if the only thing holding you back is a mental Block

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back