After practice snacks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Usually when I get home from my one hour (rec) class, I'm really hungry. So I pig out on junk food, like donuts, or candy bars, without realizing. Then I regret It later, thanks to sugar crashes and not feeling so hot the next day. Keep in mind my class is 6-7 PM. So I was wondering if you could give me some 'healthy snack ideas' for after practice. Thanks.

D has a chocolate milk first after workout. He had 2 1/2 hour workouts 5 days a week and that tends to help curb his appetite until dinner. If not, he will have a pb&j, or a yogurt. I would say that if you aren't goign to eat dinner after, then do the chocolate milk with any healthy snack, or small meal. Intentionally plan what you will eat after practice.

Generally I do a whey protein drink afterwards followed by dinner by going home and cooking or going to get a cheeseburger, taco, burrito, steak, pork fried rice in suitable proportions.

By cheeseburger I mean like about a half pounder with cheese, bacon and guac of course.

It adds good fat to the mix.

But the post workout protein really helps curb my hunger until dinner. Otherwise I might eat anything in sight.

Yogurt, cheese, choco milk might help.

If you aren't allergic to nuts, they are full of protein and healthy fats that are awesome after a work-out!

My fave snacks include frozen bananas, chocolate milk, pita chips, watermelon, and pineapple!

I like having a lunch-able! They are childish, but good. Also, a cascade ice is good to. To raise your blood sugar.

Chocolate milk is good, that's a favorite of my dancer dd. my gymmie really likes either peanut butter or Nutella combined with marshmallow creme on wheat bread. She has a real sweet tooth but with the PB and wheat bread at least there's some nutritional value and the sugar in the fluff perks her up. ;)
Most of her practices she has dinner right away though, she's at the gym from 4-8 several days week so we do a big snack in the car on the way to gym and dinner immediately after.

Before workout: 1/2 PB&J and a fruit, around 15-30 mins before you go.
After: The second half of the PB&J and 1 cup chocolate milk

This seems to work for me and my 1 hr. workouts. Also nuts are a good snack for whenever you're hungry.

Anything with protein will help, yogurt, PB&J, chocolate milk, club crackers with peanut butter and M&M's, ect. Fruits are also good, I prefer smoothies.

When do you eat dinner? My kids like things like yogurt, granola bars, fruit or cheese and crackers as snacks after gym. Pb&J, bagel and cream cheese, fresh veggies would also be good.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back