Parents Age brackets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Newbie question with the opposite - older girl (9) just (hopefully) starting team lvl 3 in the fall (in preteam now). What are typical age divisions in level 3?

The main thing is that as a meet director I want to get the award groups as close to the same size as possible. Now, depending on meet entries that may mean if there aren't a lot of older level 3's in the meet they get grouped with younger level 3's. However, it would not be the level 3's on the opposite end of the age spectrum. When I do award groups, I put all of the athletes in a given level in a given session in order by birthday. Then I simply count from one end to the other and draw a line at the number I intend to have in each group. It is that simple.

Good Luck in the future as she joins team.

The main thing is that as a meet director I want to get the award groups as close to the same size as possible. Now, depending on meet entries that may mean if there aren't a lot of older level 3's in the meet they get grouped with younger level 3's. However, it would not be the level 3's on the opposite end of the age spectrum. When I do award groups, I put all of the athletes in a given level in a given session in order by birthday. Then I simply count from one end to the other and draw a line at the number I intend to have in each group. It is that simple.

Good Luck in the future as she joins team.

Thank you! That is very helpful!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back