MAG Alex Naddour added to suspended list!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Has anyone heard of an update on this? It has been more than a month since it was announced that he was suspended. It seems to me that by now there should be some sort of update from either side. This is the most recent information that I can find and it isn't much: https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports...alist-among-those-suspended-by-usa-gymnastics

I don't know what the answer is; but I'm not sure that publicly announcing these suspensions before investigating is the right thing. Maybe have it that they are informed that they can not work with kids until an investigation has been done; but don't put out a public list until there is compelling evidence?

We are not entitled to updates. Why do you presume that there is not compelling evidence? Why do you presume that we, the public, are entitled to know what that evidence is? It is very possible that the only update we will ever hear is when Naddour is either removed from the list or, if the case moves to the Center for SafeSport and there are consequences for Naddour (which can include things like educational programs, probation, behavioral requirements, etc.), those will also be published.

It appears that USAG may have switched from being too reluctant to suspend members to being overeager to suspend members, and that is worth being concerned about. We are still not entitled to hear updates or know the evidence in any given case.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back