Alexis' first level 4 meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovemylifex4

Proud Parent
Alexis had her first meet (ever) this past Sunday. She had SO much fun! She kept saying she was not nervous, however, when they ran out and headed to beam we could tell she was very nervous. She fell off the beam but got right back on and continued... so proud of her for that :) After that she seemed to relax some and have fun! She absolutely cannot wait until her next meet.

Last night at practice I noticed that now she seems to really be understanding what this is all about (like she was tighter, more precise with her movements, chin up, etc...). I don't think she really understood it before her meet... although I still think she did so great!!!!

[YOUTUBE]OlE_qqpAgfA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Awww, she's so sweet. I love the lamb costumes! She did a great job! Her floor routine was great! Good luck at her next meet!

Erin,

She did awesome!! Such a great job for her first meet ever! And you did a great job on her hair. :D And I loved the costumes.

Dezi or I will have to show Bella the video this evening. One, because she will enjoy watching it, and two, because I want her to see Alex's shoot through! I don't think I have ever seen that done better.

Tell Alex great job!

Thanks :) I'm hoping next meet she won't be as nervous. I just don't think she knew what to expect but she will now. Starting off with an AA score of 32 for her first L4 meet though I think is a great starting point. I cannot wait to watch her progress throughout the rest of the season!

That meet was TONS of fun! I didn't get a pic of it but one of their coaches (a guy) was dressed up as little bo peep! It was hilarious!!!! So much fun!

Erin,

She did awesome!! Such a great job for her first meet ever! And you did a great job on her hair. :D And I loved the costumes.

Dezi or I will have to show Bella the video this evening. One, because she will enjoy watching it, and two, because I want her to see Alex's shoot through! I don't think I have ever seen that done better.

Tell Alex great job!

Haha... the hair... I was so happy it stayed in. LOL!!!

Thanks.... it's funny because the shoot through was such an easy skill for her... it's that cutback that she has a problem with. And she was SO bummed that she 'didn't put the breaks on' on her stride circle. Oh-well, she says next time she will get it :)

She did great! Getting through that first meet (whether of their life or a new season) is half the battle. Now she knows what to expect and hopefully she has a blast next time. Congrats to her!

Wow, what a fantastic first Level 4 meet! She did great. I predict great things this season for her. Beautiful floor routine!

Wow looks like so much fun. I'm impressed with her poise and form already at 7 y.o.!:) Those are fabulous scores for a first L4 meet!! Glad she had fun...that's what it's all about! The nerves will settle down as the season goes on, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back