Parents Alex's 2nd Level 4 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
2nd meet of the year and I think she did great! At practice the night before she split the beam on her dismount and then fell over to the side and landed with her shoulder behind her. I was not there to witness it but her coach said she nearly had a heart attack because she thought Alex may have dislocated her shoulder. Any way she conditioned the rest of the night at practice.

At the comp this is how it went down:
Floor - 8.45 - 4th place - she was the very first gymnast up for the entire comp(I hate that)

Vault - 9.2 - 3 way Tie for 3rd- her run kindof slowed down toward the board so I am sure there was a deduction there

Bars - 9.0 - 1st place - she totally rocked on bars Saturday but took 3 steps on her dismount

Beam - 7.45 - very nervous and wobbly. Her coach stood by her during warm ups and she did her dismount perfectly but Alex said she did not need her to stand there during the comp. She fell on her scale and just never really recovered, got back on and could not remember where she was in the routine then did not attempt the L4 dismount, did the L3 dismount instead. Poor baby!

She got 5th place AA. She had a great time and our gym took the 1st place trophy home for all levels 3-6. Yeah Team!!!

good job on your #2nd meet! My daughter has her first meet on saturday as a level 5. Wish us luck! Kinda nervous here lol

What a great meet! 2 scores in the 9's?!? Wooohooo!

The Beam can be an evil beast. Good for her, staring it down and getting up there and doing her best!

Lastly, AWESOME that your gym won so many team awards!! That sure goes to show the calibre of coaching in your gym! Most of our meets don't have team awards, but we've never been in contention to win anyways because Bean has always been a team of 1 for her age and level.

Good luck at the next meet!

Mom2gym kid and Emma's mom. What meet are ya'll at this saturday? We are going to be in Springfield for our fall qualifier at Dynamics gymnastics Moster Mash meet. Maybe it is the same one? If so, ALex is competing at 12:00. And thanks everyone for the comments! Alex loves reading them!! Eventually I will be able to post videos!

She did great! Just being able to get back on the beam after such a hard spill is amazing. She did wonderful on everything else. Congrats to her on those 9s! Woohoo!! And how nice to take first place team, too. :D

Mom2gym kid and Emma's mom. What meet are ya'll at this saturday? We are going to be in Springfield for our fall qualifier at Dynamics gymnastics Moster Mash meet. Maybe it is the same one? If so, ALex is competing at 12:00. And thanks everyone for the comments! Alex loves reading them!! Eventually I will be able to post videos!

We will be at Midstate Monster Mash in Springfield, Illinois. Is that the same meet? That would be way cool!:)

No, ours is in Springfield Missouri. Too bad it would have been fun to meet another Chalkbucket person!! Great luck at your meet! How weird that they are both called Moster Mash and both in springfield. lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back