WAG Alicia Sacramone as a LEVEL 6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not only was she adorable, but really good too! This was a great vid of Alicia back in the day working it as a compulsory gymnast! Seeing the routines are a real blast as well - enjoy...:D

YouTube - Alicia Sacramone Level 6 Routines

[video=youtube;Xf87UQCb3_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf87UQCb3_0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get over how darn cute she was when she was little !!!!

The thing that struck me about Alicia's level 6 routines is that she looks like kind of an ordinary Level 6. She does well, but I don't think if I'd been at that meet, I would have said "Wow; there's a future world champion." It's actually kind of neat to see how far she's come.

The thing that struck me about Alicia's level 6 routines is that she looks like kind of an ordinary Level 6. She does well, but I don't think if I'd been at that meet, I would have said "Wow; there's a future world champion." It's actually kind of neat to see how far she's come.

Her bars were certainly impressive for a Level 6, but otherwise you're completely right.

I'd say her bars were good, but her baby pullover and flyaway left something to be desired as well as her form during the tap swings ( high enough but nothing I'd want to do either of those skills with ).

It's a bit nice to know her vault was all that impressive either. Dance looked good as well as floor.

Wow, I forgot how much I disliked the music. I liked the routines enough but that music would make me want to qualify out of 5 and 6 and go 7 ASAP as a coach. 7 or bust!

My friend and I were discussing the same thing yesterday. Very average, ordinary (good but not blow me away good) routines. You just never know who will make it

Bars were really just OK, funny they are still not her strongest these days.

I would love to know how old she was there. She looks so young!!!

Alicia was 10 yrs old in this clip.

agh, I meant she was 10 yrs old...ooops typo, brain was thinking she started gymnastics at 8 yrs old... competed level 6 at 10 yrs old.

Last edited:
Her dance should have been good. She was really into ballet and had to make a choice when both became too much.

Her dance should have been good. She was really into ballet and had to make a choice when both became too much.

I think she was into more of the jazz and tap side of dance, but you're right she did start gym late because of dance. You see it in her routines more today. Maybe she was still getting used to gym at L 6 and finally found her bearings later on and really excelled. She's also proof that being determined and not quitting and have a go getter attitude are a huge part of gymnastics success, it's not all about being a child prodigy or doing 25 hours as a 6/7 year old, etc.

Someone might know exactly but I'd estimate between '97-'98. She made TOPs in '97 or '98 I think and didn't start gymnastics until she was 8 which would have been around '95. Hope that helps! And on that note belated happy 24th birthday A-Sac!!! (it was the 3rd)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back