WAG Alicia Sacramone plans to start training this month!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really like her too, but I'm worried for her that with McKayla Maroney's fantastic vault at worlds, plus Aly Raisman and Jordyn Wieber, there may not be a place for her on the Olympic team.

It is only five and now with Gabrielle Douglas who looks like a shoo-in, we have lots of depth on vault where we would have needed Alicia the most. I think it will be:

Jordyn Wieber
Aly Raisman
Gabrielle Douglas
Mackayla Maroney
AND ONE OTHER PERSON WHO IS REALLY GOOD ON BARS

I love her to pieces, but I just can't see where Alicia fits in.

It is only five and now with Gabrielle Douglas who looks like a shoo-in, we have lots of depth on vault where we would have needed Alicia the most. I think it will be:

Jordyn Wieber
Aly Raisman
Gabrielle Douglas
Mackayla Maroney
AND ONE OTHER PERSON WHO IS REALLY GOOD ON BARS

I love her to pieces, but I just can't see where Alicia fits in.

Totally agree...after seeing Gabrielle Douglas at the American Cup this weekend, she looked spectacular! She, Jordyn, Aly and maybe Maroney and then probably a Ross or Bross...but the 2008 girls' ship has sailed,I believe...Nastia, Shawn,Alicia and Chellsie Memmel won't be needed.

I think Alicia will not be of use to team USA unless there are injuries to others that work in her favour (there are always a few). I think the 08 team members only have a chance (at this stage) if they can put together a bar routine with a high D score and compete it somewhere soon.
I would like to see...

Wieber
Douglas
Ross
Maroney
Bross

Totally agree...after seeing Gabrielle Douglas at the American Cup this weekend, she looked spectacular! She, Jordyn, Aly and maybe Maroney and then probably a Ross or Bross...but the 2008 girls' ship has sailed,I believe...Nastia, Shawn,Alicia and Chellsie Memmel won't be needed.

OMG! Thank you! Someone finally agrees that the 2008 girls are not quite good enough for 2012!

I really like ASac as does my gymmie. I think her competition will be Aly---they have the same strengths/weaknesses. She'll have to show she's completely recovered and can hit routines for higher scores than Aly to have a chance.

I don't see it happening for the 2008 Olympians either. There's just not enough time left in the year and the field is too deep.

And that's fine too. On the one hand it is awesome to see older girls keep competing but on the other, there are only so many chances at an Olympics so the more girls who get to participate in the games the better -- who knows if 4 years down the road Gabby Douglass or Mackayla Maroney will be in any shape to compete, so I kind of hope they get to shine in 2012.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back