Alicia Sacramone shock-soxs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I came across this product the other day and was wondering if anyone has used these? I am debating about trying these for beam as i am bruising my heels and am currently using wristbands to help, however they are getting thin and are a bit slippery on our speith anderson beams. Has anyone tried them?are the shock-sox slippery?

Welcome to Shock Sox

they come with a small gel insole. I have some kids w chronic severs and they wear them when their severs isnt acting up (kind of preventative) but only wear them on floor- I think they would be slippery on beam. They seem to like them... not sure if its the product or the fact its Alicia's product though! :confused:

anything like this is worth the try if it works.:)

gymcoach37 - Do your girls who wear them compete in them or just wear them to practice? Our gym doesn't have a spring floor. We have rolled-out mats and then an air floor for tumbling passes. I wonder if something like this might reduce the impact on my DD's body? She's had heel pain on and off (hasn't complained of it recently... though she has a high pain tolerance, so you just never know), and had a heel cup for a while (which she didn't like wearing and has conveniently lost). Not sure if this could be a good thing or just one more gymnastics thing to spend money on (and there are SO MANY).

They just wear them in training. They are black and not too attractive!! I think if she wouldnt wear the heel cup she wont wear these either- very similar "feel" accoring to my athletes.

gymcoach37 - Do your girls who wear them compete in them or just wear them to practice? Our gym doesn't have a spring floor. We have rolled-out mats and then an air floor for tumbling passes. I wonder if something like this might reduce the impact on my DD's body? She's had heel pain on and off (hasn't complained of it recently... though she has a high pain tolerance, so you just never know), and had a heel cup for a while (which she didn't like wearing and has conveniently lost). Not sure if this could be a good thing or just one more gymnastics thing to spend money on (and there are SO MANY).

Thanks for the info! I have one more question though, is there a layer of fabric between the heel cups and the heel? I was wondering if it would slip around if my feet were sweaty.

Just In case anyone wants to know about this product, I ordered a pair of these and they came a few days ago. So far I really like them and they help a lot. The only thing I have to say is that they run slightly on the big side (I have a medium and It was slightly big) and they slip on SA beams. However when I cover them with Vetrap tape It fits really well and doesn't slide.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back