WAG Aliya Mustafina is injured!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh what a shame. Though I am a homer (Go USA), you never want to see a great athlete injured. The article I read said she would miss this year's worlds but would attempt to recover in time for the Olympics. I believe it said the recovery time for this injury is 8 months.

On a positive note, that leotard is stunning in the blue.

Yes she will miss this years worlds. it is just to soon for her to recover from this injury. It might take a while until she is back to full fource and my not be able to do the same twisting skills ever again. you never now we will just have to see how her surgery and recovery go.

I had this injury a few years ago (same knee and everything) and it was nine months from when I injured it that I was back to my full training hours again. I still have PT every week on it but I have no restrictions in which moves I can do. I sometimes still get a bit of instability in that knee but I am allowed to do everything.

I really hope Aliya will be as lucky and will be able to get back to what she is so amazing at. Incidentally it is similar to the injury Shawn Johnson had and she is now back training :)

Unfortunately she was the poster girl for why coaches stress "bend the knees." She landed with the left leg locked and that is most likely what caused the ACL tear. I read she will have surgery on Tuesday and Worlds for this year are not even being considered. The goal now is to get her healthy for 2012.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back