WAG Alphabet challenge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Learning Parent GB

Proud Parent
I'm designing Christmas gifts over here and trying to come up with WAG moves that start with all the letters of the alphabet. For some I will need more than one move beginning with the same letter. I need help! For the letter 'E' I only have Endo for example and need at least one more. So, if anyone fancies trying the challenge of coming up with a skill for every letter, then go for it. Or if nothing else, what can I use for my second 'E'?

Thank you in advance.

Example: Print of gymnasts name.
Salto
Aerial
Mo Shoot

That is my reserve choice for now as it's not a term I've ever come across in real life. But I do appreciate your answer and realise I now sound like a spoilt child!!
I sat down and tried to do the whole alphabet thinking ahead for the rest of her squad. It is harder than you think!

I've heard the term 'English handstand' on here before, Im not sure what it it but it is some kind of handstand on beam (I don't know cross or side)

It's actually written L-grip. Although phonetically you're right.

I had to think about that one. But I thought it was cleverly done on purpose. That is how you spell the letter 'L' after all.

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I quite like 'extension'.

I'm going to sit tonight and work out if I can do the names for everyone in her squad, so I imagine I'll be back with extras tomorrow. I sat and tried to do the whole alphabet and it's harder than you think!

A arabesque, aerial, arabian
B back walkover, back handspring, back hip circle, blind, back salto (tuck, pike, layout), backwards roll, back extension roll, bail
C cartwheel, chin-up pullover, cast, cast handstand, clear hip circle, chassé
D dive roll, dip steps, double back, dismount
E elbow stand
F forward walkover, front tuck, front layout, full twist, front toss, full turn, forward roll, front handspring, flyaway
G geinger, grapevine, grovel roll, giants, glide, gainer
H handstand, high-bar release, hollow body hold, half turn, hiccup, handstand forward roll
I illusion,
J jump (straight, tuck, straddle, split, wolf), jaeger,
K kick, kip
L leap (stride, split, cat, stag, switch (Russian)), layout, limber
M middle split, mill circle, mount
N needle kick,
O onodi, overshoot,
P passé balance, pirouette, pak salto, pike
Q quarter turn,
R rudi, ray, round-off
S splits, scale balance, stag, stride circle, sole circle, stalder, straddle
T tsukahara, tcatchev, twisting salto, tap swings, toe shoot
U underswing
V valdez,
W walkover, wolf turn, whip,
X ?
Y yurchenko, y-scale
Z zero-handed skill

That's my go at it, few that I could only get one for, I couldn't think of anything for X. It's harder than it looks :D

I'm designing Christmas gifts over here and trying to come up with WAG moves that start with all the letters of the alphabet. For some I will need more than one move beginning with the same letter. I need help! For the letter 'E' I only have Endo for example and need at least one more. So, if anyone fancies trying the challenge of coming up with a skill for every letter, then go for it. Or if nothing else, what can I use for my second 'E'?

Thank you in advance.

Example: Print of gymnasts name.
Salto
Aerial
Mo Shoot

Ezhova

Ooh, thank you for the extra help. I thought it must have been done before but am clearly useless at 'search'.

I am just making some little handlettering pictures in simple frames for the gymnasts. So very like an acrostic poem I suppose. I was struggling with Z. And V. But a Valdez is one of my favourite moves - especially on beam. Still wanting another I (i) for a gymnast with more than one I in her name....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back