Parents Always feels "sick" after strenuous activity?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
Most nights after a gym practice (2 hours), my DD complains about not feeling well. She complains about being hungry but doesn't eat much. Today, she played at Bounce U (inflatable jumping place), for an hour and complained about feeling sick. An hour later, she was fine. On a normal day, she's the Energizer Bunny. Bordering on hyperactive- she's moving every second she's awake.

What am I missing? Dehydrated? Overheated? Just plain tired? Should I feed her more before a workout? I give her a snack, but nothing heavy.

What do you do?

Chocolate milk*. My DD isn't allowed to snack or drink anything other than water in the gym/during practice. I get a bottle of chocolate milk ready for straight after practice, and it makes a world of difference- she doesn't want to eat, but is ratty and needs some fuel. Chocolate milk in the car on the way home, and she's back to her normal self by the time we get home.

*I did quite a bit of research, and asked on here what was best for post-exercise refuelling, and chocolate milk seems to be it. Has to be chocolate, as it has the right mix of carbs/proteins/fats.

My dd was like this for a bit and I looked at her diet, as in what she is eating. Too much greasy foods was her culprit, some of it was fast food because lets face it, when you are leaving work to pick up kids to get them to the gym sometimes that's all you can do. Anyways, I cut out all the greasy foods, added more veggies to her diet and she hasn't had an issue since. I wish I could try Faith's chocolate milk idea, by my gymmie is allergic to milk.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back