Always over excited - Jaeger :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
I sure hope you guys don't get sick of my posts. She didn't compete, she was injured...all she could do was bars....So yep - I am always over excited when she gets something.... this is all I got ;)
Her progression on bars is the only thing that didn't make me mental. I am not sure how parents do it when they are completely out for any length of time.

Today Alex got her jaeger.... She said "mom..bye bye geinger" That darn geinger almost killed her 10 times...

She is slowly getting back into it. I think she is up to back handspring back layout on tumble track. They are really taking it slow and gentle. Very pleased with that... Thanks for always watching.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Her coach is just sent me another jaeger that he felt was better. Is a tad picky on his bars...which is a good thing :)

here is the "better" one - I personally can't tell the difference...

Great job Alex! My DD is also coming back Slowly. She is cleared for bars however...so she came out yesterday with, "So and so wants me to do a geinger....but I want to do a yaegar or a Ray...." I could just listen, but I did remind her that because of her back injury PT also told her the yaegar will be better for her. She wasn't having it...OP , you said Yaegar almost killed your DD. Why is that? DD added, "I can't twist like that." She always counts herself out before trying....

I didn't say a jaeger just about killed her. The geinger did. She has smashed her face several times. She was adamant about learning a geinger. It took her approximately a year to learn it. And even then it wasn't always consistent. Her straggled jaeger took her only a few months.
Alex is also currently learning a ray. She quite likes them. She has a good toe on so apparently that helps.

Great job Alex! My DD is also coming back Slowly. She is cleared for bars however...so she came out yesterday with, "So and so wants me to do a geinger....but I want to do a yaegar or a Ray...." I could just listen, but I did remind her that because of her back injury PT also told her the yaegar will be better for her. She wasn't having it...OP , you said Yaegar almost killed your DD. Why is that? DD added, "I can't twist like that." She always counts herself out before trying....

Maybe for some people it's not difficult or dangerous. Alex has smashed her face on the high bar 10 times.

Why was the Geinger so dangerous?

OMG - this kid can not get a break. Her coaches have been amazing with her coming back -nice and slow. Today she was doing ariels on the low beam. Put her hand down as she was "off" And she has now broken her thumb.
I said before I didn't go mental cause she at least could train bars. Now bars are done for the next 6-8 weeks.
So her turns and leaps will look good. I am so devastated for her. :(

wow, the jaeger is amazing. nice job.

Broken thumb?? I'm sorry - that really stinks. Sending some healing fairies :(

Thanks - This kid can't get a "break" We see the surgeon on Tuesday. We have been told that she didn't break her growth plate in her thumb - but I am not sure how bad the break was. I think I was still in shock at the hospital and didn't ask.
I feel gutted for her. She just got back - less then two weeks. Pray for a little break.

Ugh so sorry for her. Hope she heals quickly
I am so sorry.
Ugh. That just sucks. Really. So sorry for Alex. :(
Ugh! I'm so sorry. :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back