Parents Aly Raisman autobiography?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amanda

Proud Parent
Has anyone read this yet? My 11 year old has it on her Christmas list. I am concerned it might be too detailed about the abuse she experienced given my daughter's age. I am willing to read it as well so we could discuss it, but am still wondering if we should hold of a couple years.

GymCastic did a book review episode on this book, so you could listen to that and see what you think.

FWIW, I’ve read it, and not only do I think it’s ok for my daughter, I actually think it’s really important for her to read this book. She’s getting it for Christmas and I’m going to encourage her to read it over break. She is almost 13. I’ve already discussed the abuse situation with both of my kids, though. As tough as it is to do, it’s important to talk about these things. It’s their best shot and not being victimized by these monsters.

I read it, I think it is fine for an 11 year old. She does not go into graphic detail about the abuse, she only mentions it to get awareness out there. If anything it encourages children to speak up if someone makes them feel uncomfortable. I really liked the book myself and felt it was really empowering and inspiring, nothing bad in there at all.

I read it, I think it is fine for an 11 year old. She does not go into graphic detail about the abuse, she only mentions it to get awareness out there. If anything it encourages children to speak up if someone makes them feel uncomfortable. I really liked the book myself and felt it was really empowering and inspiring, nothing bad in there at all.
Thanks! I appreciate your opinion!

GymCastic did a book review episode on this book, so you could listen to that and see what you think.

FWIW, I’ve read it, and not only do I think it’s ok for my daughter, I actually think it’s really important for her to read this book. She’s getting it for Christmas and I’m going to encourage her to read it over break. She is almost 13. I’ve already discussed the abuse situation with both of my kids, though. As tough as it is to do, it’s important to talk about these things. It’s their best shot and not being victimized by these monsters.
Thanks! I appreciate it! I might try and check out that episode!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back