Off Topic Amerikids Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
I found out that at my gym (YMCA) we do amerikids gymnastics. I'll be a 14 year old level 1 soon. Will I be really old for amerikids? I'm really confused and have never heard of amerkids. What are the normal ages? Tell me anything you know!

My DD competed Amerikids when she was in (old) Level 3 and 4 and she was 10 during her L4 season. The ages vary alot with the program.
I liked the Amerikids meets because they broke down the age groups not only by age but also by whether you were a first year or veteran to that level. I am not sure what the skills are for L1 I assume similar to old L2. My DD always liked those meets and most are held at the gym my DD goes to now. You must be in my area as I think this is the only area with Amerikids. You can PM me if you need more info.

My oldest will be doing Amerikids L2 next spring as well. I like that they use it as a low-pressure preteam in our area, and we have an excellent coach. I'm a bit concerned that we haven't started routines yet, but I know it will work out. It is definitely a Midwest organization.

My oldest will be doing Amerikids L2 next spring as well. I like that they use it as a low-pressure preteam in our area, and we have an excellent coach. I'm a bit concerned that we haven't started routines yet, but I know it will work out. It is definitely a Midwest organization.
According to the AmeriKids website, they have not finalized the routines yet ... that is probably why you have not started them yet.

Maybe they were waiting until USAG came out with theirs... which didn't get (truly) finalized until the beginning of August (as evidenced by all the changes posted over the summer). I would expect AmeriKids to have theirs in the next few weeks or so.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back