WAG Amerikids

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3gymgirls

Coach
Proud Parent
Our gym in the Midwest competes Amerikids for at least levels 2&3 and maybe even 4. Is this like AAU? I know that there are compulsory routines and low practice requirements for time.

My daughter competed in Amerikids meets. Up through Level 4. They are unsanctioned meets but use the USAG routines. My DD always seemed to do well at those meets.

Oh ok. That makes sense. Good to know that they use USAG routines. We haven't heard a thing about the levels changes on the rec side so I thought it might be a separate entity or another program separate from JO. I just don't see much info on the Internet.

Is it ok for the lower levels? They move the more promising girls to USAG once they reach L4 or 5 and while they don't have a lot of L10s (and typically no elites) their upper levels do ok and have an appropriately sized team for our geographic area. Our gym has had a few girls make nationals in the past with one national team member in the 90s.

Glad to know that it is ok for the lower levels. It seems to be the standard for our area, and our girls typically do well at meets. My daughter would ultimately like to compete for our state university (who does pretty well) but we will see.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back