MAG an odd question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

sce

Proud Parent
So my ds has expressed irritation over his leg hairs. He has tight curly hair on his lower legs and it bugs him at gym, a in it gets pulled etc, the aesthetics are not the issue. Do male gymnasts ever shave their legs?

Ouch that sounds like a good reason to shave.

But I wonder if he is just thinking about the hair being gone and not about the possible drawbacks of shaving such as irritated or dry skin, possibility of shaving cuts, itchiness when it grows back in, ingrown hairs...and just the pain of maintaining it. On the other hand, if it is just the lower legs those things are less likely to be a problem.

What events is it bothering him on? My younger DS always wears gym pants (not stirrup just regular gym pants) at practice, even when it is hot. He just prefers them. Would wearing pants for practice help?

I know a lot of guys (not gymnasts per say, just guys who like the less hairy look) who trim their leg hair with electric clippers. It seems to me - again, as not a guy - that this might help with the hair pulling problem without all the pain (and ingrown hairs, nicks, constant upkeep) of shaving.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back