WAG Ankle, sprained broken or nothing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last week at practice I did a leap and landed on my ankle wrong and rolled it. It didn't hurt when I first did it and I kept on doing practice just fine. Two days after that practice my ankle started to hurt whenever I walked off and on. It's been a week and it's still hurting at different times when I walk. It's not swollen but when it does hurt it hurts really bad. Do you think it is sprained or broken or is it fine?

simple rule of thumb for gymnasts. if it doesn't swell it could be fractured. if it swells it might just be a sprain.

BUT you could have minimal swelling and it could be both fractured and sprained.

so then, go to the DOC. :)

as an aside, i went to Africa and came back a couple of days ago. i now have blood pro fusing from my pores. the whites of of my eyes are yellow, my nails have turned black and my skin is molting. any advice? :)

Oh and also sometimes I'll be walking around or even doing gymnastics it won't hurt and then sometimes I can barely walk without it hurting

Because you said it doesn't hurt at all sometimes and hasn't swelled it might something in the wrong place. Like I have something in my ankle that occasionally makes it so painful to even walk that I can and then if I move it it clicks a couple times and goes. Apparently it's a bone fragment but who knows...
Having said that you must get it checked out. If it is injured you are just slowing down your recovery by practicing on it.
Good luck :)

Also when it hurts when I walk, it's only the part of walking when you flex your foot if that makes sense and when I flex it, it hurts really bad. So I don't know if at makes a difference in it being a different type of injury

We are not a medical forum and cannot give medical advice. We have been patient but let me say this clearly.

TELL YOUR PARENTS. SEE A DOCTOR!

as an aside, i went to Africa and came back a couple of days ago. i now have blood pro fusing from my pores. the whites of of my eyes are yellow, my nails have turned black and my skin is molting. any advice? :)

so then, go to the DOC. :)

STAT!! :p:D:p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back