Parents ankle supports?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
DD has been taping her ankle...is there a brace/brand that mocks tape affect?

her ankle is sore on and off and tape makes it feel better...but is a costly p.i.t.a.

I saw one that looks cool at dgs for $18 but shipping is $9...ugh

thanks

ps not seeking medical advise...just overwhelmed by the millions of ankle braces and supports on the market

;)

nothing works as well as tape. and if you don't know the cause, putting on a brace could cause other problems.:)

agreed with Dunno. It depends what the cause of the pain is as to whether a brace is helpful and what PT exercises/ other treatment she has going on for the problem. I'm sure the medical person treating it can tell you. Yes tape can get very expensive!

What about cohesive sports tape?
My dd has used this for wrists and ankle on occasion and the big bonus - it is reusable over and again, and can come in skin colour too.
Have you looked into this?

Thanks for all the thoughts. Update. . . . I bought a wrap support. It's a very thin sockish thing with a double strap for support. Seems to have done the trick. With this she has control over making it tighter and looser. Her ankle already feels better - she keeps rolling them (at school not the gym). Now the heel is acting up again - sigh this child has feet issues. On a side note my older daughter popped her hip out. Ortho will be hearing from me this morning. Wonder if I can get a two-for deal ;-)

the first time it happened was Aug. Doing a straddle switch leap. It immediately "popped" back in - but was a little "off" The chiropractor got her alligned and she was sore but good to go after about a month of reduced activity. Saturday, just before her solo it popped out and in again. But was very painful. Thankfully it's her right leg and her solo & duet are all lefty. Mind you - I knew none of this until I saw her before acro team dance and she's crying. The dance has a switch straddle and she wasn't going to be able to do it. They changed some choreography and she got through it. A little advil and bio freeze and she made it through the day. Thankfully her dances were spread out - 9 dances over 13 hours (I will never complain about a 4 hour meet again). So she iced and rested between them. She can walk, dance etc without any problems - but cannot extend the right leg without pain. According to PT & Chiro it's common in dancers. But it's time for an ortho to asses if there is damage to the socket/ cup thing.

Wish us luck! Season is just started and she'll be heartbroken if they sideline her

Seriously if she really had a dislocated hip she would be in a huge amount of pain. You cannot even walk with that kind of injury.

I would see an ortho asap and stay away from a chiro who tells you they can "pop" a hip dislocation back in. More likely she has tendon or ligament issues.

Good luck for the season, but seriously see an ortho. Your kid would be rolling on the floor screaming in agony if she has a dislocation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back