Parents Anna's First "Meet"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm so proud of my little one. Her gym had their holiday show yesterday for the rec and jr. team kids. I knew that they were doing a dance and were going to show off their routines on each event but I didn't know that they were going to do it in a full competition format for the jr. team kids. They had "judges" (the older optionals girls) and flashed their scores up on the big digital scoreboards and everything. It was really cool and Anna just absolutely loved it.

They really just started putting their Level 3(ish) routines together this week and most of them don't have all the skills yet (like kickover, mill circle, etc..) so there was a lot of spotting by the coaches. I think the scoring was very generous given the amount of spotting and stuff, but it was fun seeing her get scores. Her scores were:

Vault: 8.8
Bars: 8.95
Beam: 8.75 (I was super surprised that she did her dismount by herself!)
Floor: 9.025 (Both she and her coach forgot the backward roll... :rolleyes: )

She came in 9th out of about 15 girls and I couldn't have been prouder. She's too young to care about scores and placement, she was just super happy with her snowflake "medal" that she got and wore it all night long. :D

Here are a few pictures:

normal_101211_gymshow-24.jpg

normal_101211_gymshow-51.jpg

I have a video up on Youtube but it's unlisted because I had some issues with questionable people favoriting videos of Anna...so no more public gymnastics videos up on Youtube. If you're interested in seeing it let me know and I can PM the link to you. It's really cute. :)

Her jr. team will start doing in-house competitions in a few months so this was a great introduction for her. I imagine the in-house competitions will be run pretty much the same as this was. I was so happy to see that she enjoyed it as much as she did, and that she listened and did so well. I get frustrated sometimes in class because she's always the one not paying attention and most of the time she has no clue what she's supposed to be doing... :rolleyes: I can't wait to get to the point where I feel comfortable dropping her off at the gym and leaving! (She's barely 5 years old so I'm not quite at that point yet..)

Thanks for reading! Sorry this was kinda long. I just wanted to share this with others who can understand. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the first pic as it was so obviously full of other peoples kids. We try to discourage that as some parents really don't like it. Hope you don't mind.

Really cute and i am glad the club is exposing them to the fun side of competitions. It will help as she gets older.

That pic was so adorable of your little DD. It is a shame about you tube. I constantly peruse my DD's site to block certain "off" people as well. I don't want any strange subscribers either.

Cute! my daughter will be competing level 3 in the seattle area this spring. What meets will your little one do? I wonder if we will be at the same ones? :)

Cute! my daughter will be competing level 3 in the seattle area this spring. What meets will your little one do? I wonder if we will be at the same ones? :)

Her gym only does in-house meets for Level 3, I don't think they compete against other gyms, and then they'll do regular meets starting at Level 4. But maybe if my daughter sticks with it we'll see you at Level 4 meets in a year or two. :)

She is adorable. Glad she had such a good meet and did her dismount on her own.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back