Parents Another bent knee thread! (At home advice needed, please...)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
I've read a few "bent leg/straight leg" threads on here, but I think I need them broken down in "mom" terms, please. :p

Would you guys be willing to suggest a few things my daughter could do at home to work on this? I attached a picture just for shiggles as I'm sure you all know what a bent knee looks like! LOL.

Thanks!!;)

bentleg_zpscf9d003f.jpg

no replies yet, but i found this you tube video. do you all like it? we could probably do some of these at home.

My daughter struggles with straightening her knee as well and I honestly believe it stems from tightness in her quads and hip flexors. I think these drills would work but also some of the yoga stretching designed to open up the hips and loosen the glutes and quads.

That's not a flexibility problem, that's a 'hey, I forgot I have a back knee, guess I better straighten it' problem! ;) Her front leg/knee shows she has good, but not great flexibility, so she should be able to at least come that close with her back one. Show her that picture, and ask her if she can make a better picture next time. :) I have my girls do jumps facing diagonally as a second station on a small trampoline in front of the mirrors so they can see and feel what they look like. Most everyone starts out like that, but it gets better. :)

My 8 year old dd has a lot of trouble with bent legs especially in her tumbling. This has brought her floor score down and it is her favorite event ): Coaches have tried several different things to get her to straighten her legs. Floor coach said she believes when she gets older and calf muscles get stronger this will help her correct this issue.

My DD has a "knobby knee " issue. Her coaches tell me it it's from tight hamstrings. They stretch her 1-2 times a week, and honestly, it is painful to watch...but they say it will work it out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back