WAG Another congrats to region 5!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Congratulations to Region 5 for winning super team at JO Nationals! I have to tell you we went to yesterday’s Junior and Senior D session and there was some amazing gymnastics happening. Region 5 was having a great day until bars. The first two girls had rough routines and it was looking kinda bleak. But, the next 5 girls got up there and did some of the best bar routines I’ve ever seen live! Hit every handstand, and stuck every dismount cold! It was so fun to watch!!

Congratulations to Region 5 for winning super team at JO Nationals! I have to tell you we went to yesterday’s Junior and Senior D session and there was some amazing gymnastics happening. Region 5 was having a great day until bars. The first two girls had rough routines and it was looking kinda bleak. But, the next 5 girls got up there and did some of the best bar routines I’ve ever seen live! Hit every handstand, and stuck every dismount cold! It was so fun to watch!!

Congratulations 5! What was the order of the subsequent teams?

Here are the points.

Attachments

• ED4AA724-2C08-41D7-99FB-0B7F35D49366.jpeg
    ED4AA724-2C08-41D7-99FB-0B7F35D49366.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 78
How do they count the points? It's just AA placement or do they award points for apparatus placements too?

I wish they had a Super teams competition in a separate session, or two (Jr and Sr).

How do they count the points? It's just AA placement or do they award points for apparatus placements too?

I wish they had a Super teams competition in a separate session, or two (Jr and Sr).
They do have team awards per session. Ie., Senior D: 1st R5; Junior D: 1st R1 Each team member gets a very nice a plaque, I think it was 1-3 place.

They do have team awards per session. Ie., Senior D: 1st R5; Junior D: 1st R1 Each team member gets a very nice a plaque, I think it was 1-3 place.
Thanks for the answer but I meant the Super Team point system. See the @Jazzjerz attachment above, or this article https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=23887
quote from the article:
Region 5 snagged the Super Team title with 74 points. Region 1 was second at 68, and Region 8 was third at 65 points.

ETA: maybe they award points to the teams per placements per session?

Thanks for the answer but I meant the Super Team point system. See the @Jazzjerz attachment above, or this article https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=23887
quote from the article:
Region 5 snagged the Super Team title with 74 points. Region 1 was second at 68, and Region 8 was third at 65 points.

ETA: maybe they award points to the teams per placements per session?

Here is what was posted on a FB post: For every age division they have points for placement. Whoever places first gets 8 points, second gets 7, etc. (I think)

Congrats to region 5 . Region 1 does pretty damn good considering they have 4 entire squads that have to get up and 3am and compete at 5am every year . Just saying .... :).

I agree that it’s hard for the Hawaii and west coast girls to compete at 8 am - we met Hawaii folks that came in 2 days early to adjust to the time.

It doesn’t seem like the time hurt too bad this year... region 1 Junior A and Junior D both won and senior A was second!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back