WAG Another congrats to region 5!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats to region 5 . Region 1 does pretty damn good considering they have 4 entire squads that have to get up and 3am and compete at 5am every year . Just saying .... :).
That's what I was thinking too but surprisingly, R1 did quite well in early morning sessions, except of SrD. They won JrA and JrD and placed second in SrA.

The whole situation sucks. Apparently the Late sessions don’t end until close to 11PM when all the restaurants are closed.

They have a new Head of JO programs- hopefully we can have some changes beneficial to the athletes starting with rotating regions for nationals

I would love to see them rotate regions too! Or even just east coast, west coast, central US.
Yes like any normal sporting organization. Totally unfair competitively and economically . Meet already looks and feels like a poorly run invitational. Did anyone see any decorations ? A ballon ? Anything ? So yes having at the very least a few people cheering for you would be nice every couple years ...

Won’t happen in this generation or half of the next. 7 years in a row of region 5 hosting nationals .... sadly many level 10’s will never know anything else. USAG already needs new leadership again ....
2019, 2018, 2017: Region 5
2016: TX-R3
2015: IO-R4
2014: MS-R8
2013: MN-R4
2012: VA-R7
2011: CA-R1
2010: TX-R3

Except for the last 3 years, the meet was moving around the country. I don’t know the reasoning if they do keep it in Region 5, maybe because it’s centrally located, but maybe they will change that. They do need to move it back to the old dates; dragging the season out till almost the end of May and making girls choose between graduation or Nationals is not good.

2019, 2018, 2017: Region 5
2016: TX-R3
2015: IO-R4
2014: MS-R8
2013: MN-R4
2012: VA-R7
2011: CA-R1
2010: TX-R3

Except for the last 3 years, the meet was moving around the country. I don’t know the reasoning if they do keep it in Region 5, maybe because it’s centrally located, but maybe they will change that. They do need to move it back to the old dates; dragging the season out till almost the end of May and making girls choose between graduation or Nationals is not good.
they have already announced that it will stay in Indianapolis for the next 4 years....... they are doing it because they are broke and need Money.... this is old news

See my last post. Except for the last 3 years, the regions did rotate hosting it.
See my post ..... for 7 years in a row it will be held In Region 5, that is what we are talking about ..

they have already announced that it will stay in Indianapolis for the next 4 years....... they are doing it because they are broke and need Money.... this is old news
I missed that announcement. Do you have a link?

I thought it was just speculation at this point.

It’s pretty sad- only decoration was the GK elite backdrops

Yes like any normal sporting organization. Totally unfair competitively and economically . Meet already looks and feels like a poorly run invitational. Did anyone see any decorations ? A ballon ? Anything ? So yes having at the very least a few people cheering for you would be nice every couple years ...

See my post ..... for 7 years in a row it will be held In Region 5, that is what we are talking about ..
This was for the person who said they wished the regions would rotate. I was merely showing that that’s how it was before. You don’t have to be so rude all the time. It’s a conversation, not a lecture.

This was for the person who

Sorry you seemed genuinely confused or just unaware that usag has already decided to have nationals in indi for the next 4 years. We are trying to stop them, but that takes people such as yourself to write them and object . You also told someone to look at your post.... so I was unaware that it was offensive to you .

Nothing was offensive except the way you reacted. I said to look at it because I had listed out the past 8 years or so to show how the meet used to move around. I’m not confused about anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back