Parents Another gymmie home from Chicago Style

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
Bug and I made it back home late yesterday from Chicago. She was in the 1230 level 4 on Sunday. WOW is all I can say. There were nearly 100 girls in her session and over 50 of them in her age group. They went out 27 places for the 8 and under age group.

She started on vault. 8.85 no placement.

Next up bars, guess who showed up at the meet THE BAR FAIRY. She nailed the routine hitting the brakes on the evil mill circle and it totally paid off. 9.50 She was 3rd, making the true block podium, not just the numbers in front.

Beam--the whole team looked really scared on beam. Many falls and wobbles. Bug just wobbled. 8.7 she placed, I just do not remember where I think either 18 or 20th.

Floor-- Normally the best event, not today. Very bent over on the rebound of the BHS, did not turn her body when she did the bounces at the begining of the routine. 8.65, but still placed, again I do not remember where, again either 18 or 20th.

All-around. Gotta love the 9.5 on bars, she had 35.7 which was her best AA score yet. Was in a 4 way tie with that score, but received 8th all around.

It was a very expensive weekend hitting the American Girl store on Saturday, and some shopping at the meet on Sunday, but today is her 8th birthday so it was worth it. She says her bars medal was the best present she got, that and the awesome leo that the girls received.

I will try to post a video later.

Barb

Sounds like she had a great meet.What more can you wish for then a medal for your birthday. 9.5 on bars is huge.
Happy Birthday.Hope she has lots of fun.

What a great birthday weekend she had. Lovely to get that 3rd place in such a huge field of gymmies. Glad you had fun!

It sounds like it was magical!! How fun :D

The bars fairy has been busy. I'm glad she made a stop for Bug!! What an awesome score! Glad her birthday was so special !!

Congrats BUG! I bet that 9.5 medal was the best birthday present a girl could ask for!

I bet you were rolling into Chicago about the time we were rollingout.. I dont think my weekend was quite as spending as yours (Since Beetle is a little old for the American Girl Store).. But Beetle and I did hit Michigan Ave and the shopping at the meet!

Wow that bars score was huge at that meet. Wasn't it something with all the gyms going at once? We too spent quite a lot with the vendors but there were some great deals. On friday one of the vendors had dance costumes for the American girls dolls and we had to buy those, and little sis needed a stuffed frog,and .....you know the rest.

Glad you had a great time and those were definately good scores at that meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back