another igc question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, everyone, I already asked for some feedback on igc in the question and answer forum, but I have some more questions. Is the evaluation easy? What sort of things do they test you on? And doesn't it take a long time to evaluate every camper? Also, how do you find your workout groups every day, like how do you know what gym you go to and stuff like that? And then I have a question about recreation. Do you just go wherever you want during recreation time, or do they assign your cabin to a certain place or what? Sorry I have so many questions, but I'm going next week and I want to know everything that goes on!

My girls went for week three and this is what they said about the evaluation. They score you out of 30 on bars and floor, no vault, no beam. They ask to see your hardest back tumbling on floor, no real warm ups though. On bars the same thing, kip/cast, fhs etc, no dismounts or bar changes. Based on your score from 1-30 you are placed in a group with girls your own age and level. It seemed to work out very well as they have alomost 400 campers. They gave each girls a pice of paper to be written on, there were multiple stations for evaluation and it went pretty fast.

They were told on MOnday morning what their training group was. They did say finding the right gym for warm up could be confusing and a watch would've helped them be on time more.

The scary aerie was assigned per cabin, one day a week. The other activites were more whatever you want is what you do.

Both girls were in cabins alone, they made friends instantly, counsellors and coaches were awesome. Food was wonderful and they had a blast, as I am sure you will. Lots of hills to walk up and down to keep you fit too!

Thanks, I really appreciate your help, but I have one more question. When you get there, do they check your head for lice? I know a lot of camps do, but I haven't heard anything about this one doing it. But I need to know because I'm going tomorrow, and if they are going to check my head, I want to make sure I don't have anything today.

No, DD has been 4 years, including this year, and they've never checked. I would hope if someone thought they had it, they'd take care of it before them came!

When they give you groups, it will be named with a number and a letter (like 6C). The letter represents the gym you will start in (I think C was for conditioning). You will stay with the same group duriing the day.

If you get there early on Sunday, spend some time walking around seeing the gyms. That may help.

Don't worry - you'll have a great time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back