Another Kip Brag!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Krystan

Proud Parent
Yay! Dd finally got her kip tonight, twice! She was so shocked it was kind of funny. I don't usually stay, but I'm trying to entertain my husband's Alzheimer-ridden non-English-speaking aunt (long story), so it was random chance that I got to see the first kip (though the coach missed it). She has tried literally thousands of kips over the past 6 months. She is the LAST Level 5 gymnast to get her kip, so it was quite a relief and everyone cheered for her! Anyway, thanks for letting me brag to someone that actually knows what a kip is!

It's been a while since the last Kip brag. We were due one. Congrats to your DD! Mine was also the last of her level 5 group to get it. I know it's a huge releif to both of you!:highfive:

Well I am totaly thrilled for her, it is a huge skill. Just bear in mind it can go away again, but it ALWAYS comes back.

My youngest took forever to get her kip, it is hard for them isn't it?

Thanks! Yes, bog, we've seen it come and go with all her teammates, so I think she's expecting it. In fact, in her typical negative way, after I said my congratulations, her first comment was, "I only got it twice!" But really just knowing she CAN do it is huge.

Congratulations to your dd!!! I don't care if it is the first or the last teammate to get that kip - it is a major deal (maybe even bigger for the last one!) She has worked so hard and she didn't let the kip demons beat her - now she KNOWS that no matter if it decides to disappear for awhile - she has the ability to get it. I think that is the biggest win!!!

Congrats to her!!

A few months ago DD did 3 kips in a row by muscling up. Now she's trying to do them properly with straight arms, but hasn't managed it yet. No-one in her group has them yet so she's not behind or anything, but she can do the rest of the level 5 bars routine well (especially her underswing - the coach uses her all the time for demonstration purposes to the rest of the group) so she's anxious to be able to get the whole thing done. She's not competing again until February 2012 and it's a bit frustrating for a planner like me to not know what level she's going to be able to compete - it all hinges on those kips! She's still struggling with the cartwheel on beam and landing the front handspring properly (it's messy) but those will probably be good ebough by Feb. As usual, the kips will hold her back if she doesn't get them in time. I know she doesn't get to do them enough, and I'm thinking of getting her a few privates if they are the only thing holding her back from competing level 5 - but I don't want to put undue pressure on her. Competing level 4 again isn't the end of the world - the only problem is that her shoot through and mill circle have never been that consistent, and she was hoping she'd never have to do them again!!

WTG to your DD. Big congrats are in order. That's a biggie. And like others have said..if it does go away (which it probably will..more than once..lol) it will be easier and easier to get back each time.

Congrats to your little one, that is so exciting for her. I love it when the little ones get this "big girl" skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back