Parents Another L6 meet report and video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TeamDad

Well, she froggy leaped the vault, but other than that she did great. Wasn't dd's best meet result wise, but she had two personal bests for the season and everyone on her team did absolutely fantastic. The also team took 1st and then we all went out and had a great team dinner. We arrived home in the AM hours after another 3 hour drive. I was still kind of wired and put the video together late last night. Here's it is if anyone would like to see it

DC Stars on Vimeo

OMG I am losing it. Eldest had no gym yesterday and the weekend has fallen apart without the routine. Mind you my kids are home and I don't even homeschool, seriously time to call the alzheimers hotline.

Nice job! She really has such pretty lines and leaps and form. Loved all her dance pictures at the end. Such a talented girl you have! Congrats to her! :D

Awesome meet!!! She looks great!!! Congrats!!! Don't you just love those after meet dinners... :) The girls have so much fun!!!

That had to have been some stellar competition for your dd to have placed 4th. She is fabulous! I love her beam, it just looks so effortless for her! And her casts on bars are :eek: awesome! Good job!

That had to have been some stellar competition for your dd to have placed 4th. She is fabulous! I love her beam, it just looks so effortless for her! And her casts on bars are :eek: awesome! Good job!

Thanks, the difference between 1st and 4th was small. Two of dd's teammates are very good gymnasts and are also ballerina's. All three of them have one weak event that gives them trouble. The difference usually comes down to who does the best on their weakest event. This meet, it was her teammates turn to nail their weak event...and dd frog leaped on her first vault, and her second vault was a little shaky as well. Both of them finished ahead of dd in the AA.

I was very happy for them, especially for dd's best friend who hasn't taken 1st in the AA when competing in the same age group since L4. I think it's great that they can be competitive and push each other, and also support each other at the same time.

It probably also didn't help that dd's coach had her going first in the rotations either, but I thought she responded well and after her vault, she stayed in it and got season highs on the next two events. Maybe just a coincidence, but it would seem that when she gets a low score on vault, she pulls that cast hand stand out of her hat.

Nice job! She really has such pretty lines and leaps and form. Loved all her dance pictures at the end. Such a talented girl you have! Congrats to her! :D

Thanks mariposamama, it's been a heck of a busy month. I think we're all looking forward to April. Another week of shows and then dd can just focus on getting ready for states.

She looked beautiful! You can really tell that she's a dancer in her floor and beam routines - such amazing flexibility and look at that turnout. Her bars were awesome too. She is going to have a great State meet.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back