Parents Another meet report for Little Monkey

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
We had another Level 5 sectional today. Little Monkey qualified last time, so this was just "practice" for her. She asked her daddy if he would buy her Wii fit if she scored 36.0 LOL.

Well...she didn't....but her AA was 34.475.
Vault - 8.625 - PERSONAL BEST :D
Bars - 7.7 - got her squat on but didn't catch the bar, and she threw in an extra tap swing at the end because she "lost count" :rolleyes:
Beam - 9.05 - 5th place
Floor 9.10 4th place another personal best

On vault, coach said her run was crooked and she might have scored a bit higher if she ran straight (and faster, lol).

On bars, she (and the other girls) were distracted and nervous that a former coach was judging. (Same thing happened to big DD and teammates at their last meet, same judge). They will HAVE to get over this!!

Overall, she was happy with herself and looking forward to the next meet!

Good job Little Monkey! Personal bests on vault and floor, that's awesome! She still has a ton of time to improve that vault for States... ;)

Keep up the good work!

Way to go on those personal bests! She has come a long way and I think she is doing great. Especially on bars with all the issues she had. Wow on floor and beam!!! Sending her lots of catch the bar vibes and run fast and straight vibes for her next meet. :)

She's been improving on vault ever since the new coach came.

Do you remember a few weeks ago I posted about the mean little girl and what she said to my dd? Well, yesterday after the meet she came up to ME and said "I know that T got a good bar score b/c Judge always liked her". HELLO my kid got 7.7...I would hardly call that good! She got the score she deserved!! Now if she had gotten 9.7 or even 8.7 I would have felt funny! Some kids are just ..... UGH!!!!

Way to go! Good luck at States.

And that little teammate!?!? Does she know the concept of TEAM? I think that the coach or her parents need to sit her down for a reality check. What a little twit! My dd used to have a teammate that would tell everyone else (never to my dds face) "she only scored higher because she got 'cuteness points'". Some kids are just aggravating and need to belittle someone else's performance so that their own is justified for not scoring higher (or whatever their motivation is? who knows?).

I'd say ignore the twit, but that's not fair to your dd either. Maybe you should talk to coach about TEAM being supportive of each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on her personal bests! I'm especially impressed with her vault score. My dd cannot vault and has yet to make it out of the 7s on the Level 5 vault.

Seconding nwohiogymom about that girl. How rude of her!

Congrats on her personal bests! I'm especially impressed with her vault score. My dd cannot vault and has yet to make it out of the 7s on the Level 5 vault.

When DD first started the Level 5 vault, she was a tiny 6 yr old doing USAIGC bronze level just after Level 4 states. Literally, she was half carried over the vault by her coach, lol, thank goodness she is small. It has taken her two YEARS to work from the 6's up to mid-8's! She was worried about moving up to L6 and glad to learn that it wil be the same vault thru Level 7, LOL.

When DD first started the Level 5 vault, she was a tiny 6 yr old doing USAIGC bronze level just after Level 4 states. Literally, she was half carried over the vault by her coach, lol, thank goodness she is small. It has taken her two YEARS to work from the 6's up to mid-8's!

You are giving me hope! LOL! My dd turned 7 in October and is also very small. The coaches tell me it will get better as she gets bigger.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back