Parents Another Meet Update!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beetle had her 2nd meet of the season yesterday. She was really looking forward to this meet, our L8 - 10's all got to compete in the same session. Compare that to last week when she competed alone. This was a special treat.

She worked really hard this week on Vault, hoping to Tsuk. This was a small meet with smaller age groups. After the tougher judging last week we were thikning this meet would open up the scoring a bit. But boy we were wrong.

Beetle was happy with the rotations.. olympic order.

Vault - warmed up a couple Tsuk timers but didnt flip any so she competed a Hand Spring. It wasn't quite as strong as last week. She was too far back on the spring board and table. Score - 8.3

Bars - all and all it was better than last week's routine. Her Pirouette was better and she didnt touch her feet on her glide. Although, 1 of her casts to Handstand and her clearhip was a touch low. The score was a 8.475. That was good enough for 4th place!

Beam - Her goal was to get connection on her flight and stay on the beam. Guess what? GOAL Accomplished! Score 8.4... 8th place!

Floor was clean and powerful. She really wanted to improve on last weeks 9.15.. and it was a better routine. score.. 8.9... she was crushed ( HOW CAN SHE BE CRUSHED WITH AN 8.9???? ) Immediately when the score came up her coach went to the judge to ask why it was low. Apparently, she got a .2 deduction for lack of a 'b' level turn. We had a judges meet and last week's meet, no one said anything... I find it strange but oh well..that is gymnastics for you. The 8.9 was good enough for 4th place.

AA - Remember how I said that the scoring was low? Well they stared AA medals at a low 33.. I was surprised! Guess who is the Silver Medalist in the AA? That's right! Wooo HOO! Beetle was thrilled... with a 34.025 she took 2nd! (out of 17 or 18 girls). She missed out on 1st place by .025.

Well I DID video.. remember, I am terrible at videoing.. So here is my best attempt. I have NO IDEA why the 2nd vault is competely blurred. And my kid really does have legs, I just cut them off half the time LOL

Now I have to log off... Must go to the mall and find some clothes, Florida in 3 days! :)

YouTube - Winterfest Gymnastics Meet 1/17/10

K

Awesome job! Congrats to her on a great meet & finishing 2nd AA!

Love the vid. That is some crazy skill she does on beam, I thought she was falling at first, lol! Loved her beam dismount, & she is an awesome floor tumbler, too! Thanks for sharing. Her season is gonna be good! :D

Yay!!! Huge congrats to her. Never understand when better routines score lower, very frustrating for the gymmies and parents as well. She is having a great season so far!

Really great improvements over last meet. Her beam and floor are great to watch. Did you see the tsuk crash in the background of floor, that is why a FHS can be a great thing!!! EEK!

YOu must both be very excited about Florida, sun and a nice break with the team, enjoy the spirit, sending you the tsuk fairy!

Way to go on meeting those beam goals!!! That is a huge accomplishment! It sounds like she had a great meet (even with the crazy floor thing). Congrats!! and have fun in Florida!

I thought your vid skills were great!!
Love her floor music .. I was kind of waiting for a swan roll. :D
2nd all around is just fantastic!!

Fabulous meet :D

Congrats on 2nd AA, she must be so proud! She has so much spunk, I so enjoyed watching her video!! ~You go girl~

Yeah to Beetle, great AA placement and darn close on getting 1st! That should get the fire in her belly burning, next time it will be hers... :D

Can't wait to go home and watch the video! I was so tired from dd's meet this past weekend, that I really didn't feel like being on the computer, but now I am getting back into the swing of things!

Good luck in Florida - have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back