Parents Another moving question- Westchester NY

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Since the is THE place to ask for advice, here goes another one.....
Relative is moving out of the city up to westchester and is looking for a good gym for a pre teamer maybe? She has gone through the rec ranks and now wants to go for some type of team situation ........ not sure how 'competitive' she wants her DD to be.

Oh yeah, she's 8.
Thanks!!!!

My downstate geography is not great, but isn't Gymnastics City in that general area? I just saw them this week at USAIGC Worlds and they did pretty well, the kids looked happy and the parents were nice. I chatted with a couple. No clue if they have JO if that's what your friend is looking for. Just a thought!

Ok, totally know nothing, but love to dig on gym research. It's bad I know :) LOL!

But, World Cup looks about 15 mins away and Dynamic looks about 30 mins. Don't know about traffic. Both have JO teams and looked to have several girls at level 7/8 states. Both seem to have xcel and jo. Just by glancing at stuff, looks like dynamic is the stronger program but granted further away.

Can you please explain USAIGC? I am not familiar with it.
It's a totally different program than USAG. Kind of similar to Xcel I guess but there are more levels and some unique rules. And where XD maxes out probably L8ish, IGC Premier is L9/10ish. I can tell you more but I don't want to derail the thread! There is a lot of USAIGC in the downstate NY area so maybe it's a good choice for an 8yr old gymnast who isn't on team yet that isn't sure how competative she wants to be? All gyms obviously have their own rules about mobility between the systems, but our gym has had kids switch from one to the other, so I assume others may too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back